Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A latex plot of particles

Tags:
  1. Oct 6, 2014 #1

arivero

Gold Member

As a byproduct of the last slides on Koide, I have done a semilogx plot of the standard model in latex with the tikz and pfgplots packages, and it can be generically useful to everyone. So here is the gist:

https://gist.github.com/arivero/e74ad3848290845de5ca

logmass.jpg

I call this picture the "small seesaw" because you can also put alpha in the other side, from vaccum to tau mass, say, and then it has a very symmetric "seesaw-like" way. Of course, you can also add the "major seesaw", neutrinos and cosmological constant on one side, and GUT and Planck masses in the opposite seat.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 11, 2014 #2
    Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Oct 11, 2014 #3

arivero

Gold Member

Well, by the way, I could also include the big see-saw, from neutrino to mass scale, but I am not sure of which are the numerical values, in GeV, of each element. And at least the infamous equation for [itex]m_\pi^3[/itex] should be included.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook