Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A leap of faith or Tsu and Ivan's driveway

1. Aug 8, 2005 #1

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Tsu and Ivan invited us over for another tasty steak last night. I just though some of you might appreciate this pic.

[​IMG]

This is what you see driving up to the driveway to their house. Yes, that is it, you can see the road proceeds up the hill and the driveway is DOWN and to the right. The first time you use it (... actually EVERY time you use it) it is a leap of faith that there is actually something there!

EDIT: I aploigize for the low quality pic. This was just a quick snap through the windshild, I think the auto focus found the windshield and not the driveway!

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 8, 2005 #2
    My old driveway in the kootneys was worse, it was down, to the left and AROUND. We didn't have a mailbox to mark it either.

4. Aug 8, 2005 #3
    Wow, how do you get in and out in winter?
    Directions.....turn right onto the driveway that plunges you to your death? I guess it must keep out the riffraff eh?

5. Aug 8, 2005 #4

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The winters here are pretty mild, more wet then ice. There may be a few days every year that ice would be a problem. I will bet that they just hole up and wait it out.

6. Aug 8, 2005 #5

Tsu

Gold Member

Pretty much... :biggrin:

Here's a shot going UP the drive.

[​IMG]

One year it was so icy that our '68 3/4 ton Chevy pick-up nearly slid backward off of the road to the left (in the pic). This would not have been a good thing, as it would have just continue on down that hill and into the CREEK!! :surprised

errr... help. How do I get my image uploader to quit making my pictures so dang BIG!! :grumpy: :grumpy: Do I have to resize the picture? :confused: I didn't have this problem in the past, but the last couple of times... :mad:

Oh, yeah... All those weeds in the along the side and in the middle of the drive are now gone. :approve:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2005
  7. Aug 8, 2005 #6
    Are they a couple ?
    Where do they live ?

How big is their house and what is the price of that mansion ?

Just curious

marlon

8. Aug 8, 2005 #7

Tsu

Gold Member

Yes. We've been married for 19+ years and together for nearly 22 years. We live in western Oregon. The house is very small (thank God! :biggrin:) - two bedroom, one bath, 1100 sf. But we have 5 acres with a creek and a good number of wild critters as pets. :approve: MUCH better than a mansion. I'd live outdoors year round if I could. :biggrin:

9. Aug 8, 2005 #8
    Sounds very cool, the marriage thing too :tongue2:

I did not know you guys were married. Nice :approve:

regards
    marlon

10. Aug 8, 2005 #9

JamesU

Gold Member

you didn't know they were married? :surprised I've been here 4 months and I knew it my the end of the first

11. Aug 8, 2005 #10
    scusatemi, non lo sapevo :cry:

pieta, pieta per questo poveretto :cry:

marlon

12. Aug 8, 2005 #11

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have another 400 sq feet in my office farther down the drive, which is the main reason that we're still married. :biggrin:

We only recently discovered that, among others, my mother-in-law is afraid to come down the drive. I never realized that it is so intimidating. It made me think to mount a sign just past the crest that says: DANGEROUS CLIFF.

13. Aug 8, 2005 #12

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Tsu, that sounds absolutely perfect for me!

14. Aug 8, 2005 #13
    lol, bit behind the times Marlon?

15. Aug 8, 2005 #14
    But now Tsu has me singing old Marvin Gaye songs..hope my customers understand :redface:

16. Aug 8, 2005 #15

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So if you and I were married I'd still be living in the office? :biggrin:

17. Aug 8, 2005 #16

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Geez, I'd be more afraid of going down the driveway if it was icy, how could you stop? :surprised You guys never told me you lived at the bottom of a pit. Ok, if I come live in your backyard, I want hazard pay. :grumpy:

18. Aug 8, 2005 #17

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hmm...looks a bit like the driveway to my new townhouse...
    [​IMG]

It's that strip of sand sloping down to the right between the weeds. (Okay, that's the side they haven't paved yet, but the paved side is only marginally better.) Right now, that's the way the construction vehicles go, I didn't take a picture of the other side because that's not the view from my end. There are some really scary driveways off mountain roads!

19. Aug 8, 2005 #18

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

:rofl: perhaps so

20. Aug 8, 2005 #19

Evo

Staff: Mentor

That looks pleasantly off the beaten path. Ok, I'm going to live with Moonbear, less treacherous. :tongue2:

21. Aug 8, 2005 #20

Tsu

Gold Member

Traitor. OK, tho. I'll eat your steak and drink your martini for you. :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?