A leap of faith or Tsu and Ivan's driveway

• Thread starter Integral
  • Start date
In summary: Sounds like you have a great relationship!In summary, Tsu and Ivan invited us over for another tasty steak last night. Tsu just though some of you might appreciate this pic. The first time you use it (... actually EVERY time you use it) it is a leap of faith that there is actually something there! The winters here are pretty mild, more wet then ice. There may be a few days every year that ice would be a problem. I will bet that they just hole up and wait it out. The weeds in the along the side and in the middle of the drive are now gone.
Integral
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Tsu and Ivan invited us over for another tasty steak last night. I just though some of you might appreciate this pic.

http://home.comcast.net/~integral50/scenery/driveway.JPG [Broken]

This is what you see driving up to the driveway to their house. Yes, that is it, you can see the road proceeds up the hill and the driveway is DOWN and to the right. The first time you use it (... actually EVERY time you use it) it is a leap of faith that there is actually something there!

EDIT: I aploigize for the low quality pic. This was just a quick snap through the windshild, I think the auto focus found the windshield and not the driveway!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
My old driveway in the kootneys was worse, it was down, to the left and AROUND. We didn't have a mailbox to mark it either.

Wow, how do you get in and out in winter?
Directions...turn right onto the driveway that plunges you to your death? I guess it must keep out the riffraff eh?

hypatia said:
Wow, how do you get in and out in winter?
Directions...turn right onto the driveway that plunges you to your death? I guess it must keep out the riffraff eh?

The winters here are pretty mild, more wet then ice. There may be a few days every year that ice would be a problem. I will bet that they just hole up and wait it out.

Pretty much... :biggrin:

Here's a shot going UP the drive.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/9941/drive22ef.jpg [Broken]

One year it was so icy that our '68 3/4 ton Chevy pick-up nearly slid backward off of the road to the left (in the pic). This would not have been a good thing, as it would have just continue on down that hill and into the CREEK!

errr... help. How do I get my image uploader to quit making my pictures so dang BIG! :grumpy: :grumpy: Do I have to resize the picture? :confused: I didn't have this problem in the past, but the last couple of times... :mad:

Oh, yeah... All those weeds in the along the side and in the middle of the drive are now gone. :approve:

Integral said:
Tsu and Ivan

Are they a couple ?
Where do they live ?

How big is their house and what is the price of that mansion ?

Just curious

marlon

Yes. We've been married for 19+ years and together for nearly 22 years. We live in western Oregon. The house is very small (thank God! :biggrin:) - two bedroom, one bath, 1100 sf. But we have 5 acres with a creek and a good number of wild critters as pets. :approve: MUCH better than a mansion. I'd live outdoors year round if I could. :biggrin:

Tsu said:
Yes. We've been married for 19+ years and together for nearly 22 years. We live in western Oregon. The house is very small (thank God! :biggrin:) - two bedroom, one bath, 1100 sf. But we have 5 acres with a creek and a good number of wild critters as pets. :approve: MUCH better than a mansion. I'd live outdoors year round if I could. :biggrin:

Sounds very cool, the marriage thing too :tongue2:

I did not know you guys were married. Nice :approve:

regards
marlon

you didn't know they were married? I've been here 4 months and I knew it my the end of the first

yomamma said:
you didn't know they were married? I've been here 4 months and I knew it my the end of the first
scusatemi, non lo sapevo :cry:

pieta, pieta per questo poveretto :cry:

marlon

I have another 400 sq feet in my office farther down the drive, which is the main reason that we're still married. :biggrin:

We only recently discovered that, among others, my mother-in-law is afraid to come down the drive. I never realized that it is so intimidating. It made me think to mount a sign just past the crest that says: DANGEROUS CLIFF.

Tsu said:

Tsu, that sounds absolutely perfect for me!

marlon said:
I did not know you guys were married. Nice
lol, bit behind the times Marlon?

But now Tsu has me singing old Marvin Gaye songs..hope my customers understand :redface:

Kerrie said:
Tsu, that sounds absolutely perfect for me!

So if you and I were married I'd still be living in the office? :biggrin:

Geez, I'd be more afraid of going down the driveway if it was icy, how could you stop? You guys never told me you lived at the bottom of a pit. Ok, if I come live in your backyard, I want hazard pay. :grumpy:

Hmm...looks a bit like the driveway to my new townhouse...
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/7139/dsc004442oc.jpg [Broken]

It's that strip of sand sloping down to the right between the weeds. (Okay, that's the side they haven't paved yet, but the paved side is only marginally better.) Right now, that's the way the construction vehicles go, I didn't take a picture of the other side because that's not the view from my end. There are some really scary driveways off mountain roads!

Ivan Seeking said:
So if you and I were married I'd still be living in the office? :biggrin:

:rofl: perhaps so

Moonbear said:
Hmm...looks a bit like the driveway to my new townhouse...
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/7139/dsc004442oc.jpg [Broken]

It's that strip of sand sloping down to the right between the weeds. (Okay, that's the side they haven't paved yet, but the paved side is only marginally better.) Right now, that's the way the construction vehicles go, I didn't take a picture of the other side because that's not the view from my end. There are some really scary driveways off mountain roads!
That looks pleasantly off the beaten path. Ok, I'm going to live with Moonbear, less treacherous. :tongue2:

Traitor. OK, tho. I'll eat your steak and drink your martini for you. :biggrin:

hypatia said:
But now Tsu has me singing old Marvin Gaye songs..hope my customers understand :redface:

Does that sound terrible to anyone else, or am I just the world's biggest pervert?

Tsu said:
Traitor. OK, tho. I'll eat your steak and drink your martini for you. :biggrin:
NOOOOO! Ok, I will learn repelling so I can get down your driveway. :cry: Please don't take away my steaks and martini's. :cry:

Okey dokey. :biggrin: But I'll have to go get another steak and some more martini makin's... C'mon over Moonbear! Ivan's at the BBQ! I'll pick up TWO more steaks! :biggrin:

loseyourname said:
Does that sound terrible to anyone else, or am I just the world's biggest pervert?

You are the world's biggest pervert. :rofl: :rofl:

Someone at work today mentioned Barry White and all I could think about was Artman's "Rhino Love". :redface:

Uhm...Moonbear's busy, but we don't want to waste that steak. I guess I will have to force myself to eat it. *burp*

Thank God I didn't have to learn to drive where you guys live. And I thought driving up a 4ft hill to get into my garage was tricky (thats a big hill for Florida) :wink: .

Btw, what type of steaks are you guys cooking and how do you take yours? Fillets are my favorite :!) , medium. Almost grilled one up myself today, but went with chicken instead.

Rib eye. Charred medium rare. Cooked over incredibly HOT charcoal and (and oak wood or oak bark for flavor). Ask Integral. He has oral orgasms every time he eats one. :rofl: :rofl:

Evo said:
Someone at work today mentioned Barry White and all I could think about was Artman's "Rhino Love". :redface:

Uhm...Moonbear's busy, but we don't want to waste that steak. I guess I will have to force myself to eat it. *burp*

Yeah. Moonbear's busy, huh? :rofl: :rofl: OK. TWO steaks for Sister Evo. :wink: :biggrin: Here. Might as well wash it down with this dirty martini... *shoves 'tini into Evo's hard drive* :biggrin:

Btw, we considered paving the driveway but icy conditions would make it treacherous. That's why we opted to stay with gravel. Unless we have a foot of snow on the ground you don't lose traction.

Tsu said:
Yeah. Moonbear's busy, huh? :rofl: :rofl: OK. TWO steaks for Sister Evo. :wink: :biggrin: Here. Might as well wash it down with this dirty martini... *shoves 'tini into Evo's hard drive* :biggrin:
:cry: Evo ate my steak and drank my martini! :cry: Mom always did like her best!

My new place does come with a deck, though there's no room under it for kittens or Evo (I guess they decided wood decks were either cheaper or easier or quicker or less prone to cracking in winter than poured concrete patios, because that's about all it is is a wooden patio).

Tsu said:
Rib eye. Charred medium rare. Cooked over incredibly HOT charcoal and (and oak wood or oak bark for flavor). Ask Integral. He has oral orgasms every time he eats one. :rofl: :rofl:

Massive out break of over active saliva glands reported, alien investigator
and wife implicated.

Back