1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A levels

1. Apr 9, 2016 #1
    Hello,
    I got "b,b and U" in 3 modules of As which was written as overall of "b" grade . Now I have got 2 modules for A2 examination. how much should I score to get an A?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 10, 2016 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

I'm sorry, can you provide some context to all of this? I personally have no idea what any of that means.

4. Apr 10, 2016 #3

Fervent Freyja

Gold Member

Check your syllabus, it should give you what is needed to maintain awareness of your final potential grade throughout the course. Nobody can answer this if you don't give the points or grading scale that is particular for that course anyway. You should learn to keep track of this from the beginning and try to determine the outcome after every single exam. If you are getting A's and B's in exams that easily then you shouldn't have a problem doing so. I get suspicious when a course is too easy, it may mean that your instructor will give you an A in the end regardless.

5. Apr 10, 2016 #4

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

That looks like a UK (or UK-inspired) system. Hopefully someone who knows one of those systems can comment.

6. Apr 10, 2016 #5

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I don't think we know for sure until he tells us which country - UK-inspired covers a lot of places. That said, I can't imagine any score that will turn two B's and a failing into an A.

7. Apr 11, 2016 #6

Fervent Freyja

Gold Member

Oh, come on now, you guys would seriously calculate this for him? Enablers...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted