1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Life-deciding crossroad need help!

1. Jul 10, 2010 #1
    Hello Physicists, mathematicians, engineers and everyone. This is my first post and I hope it's not the last =]
    I've been in the United States for almost a year ( am from overseas and English is not my mother tongue.)

I got accepted at Penn State-University Park in the nuclear engineering program. However, I do not know what has happened recently, but I figured that physics and math is what I want to do for my undergraduate degree!
    (I know that the possibility of having a good-paid job will decrease)

My questions are:-

1. Can I finish a math\physics double major in four years without having an overloaded schedule every semester? Don't mind doing summer. (( am in a scholarship, and I was told that I have to finish in four years ))
    2. Do I still have the possibility of doing nuclear engineering as a graduate option?
    3. How good is Penn State-University Park for physics and math, and also nuclear engineering?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 11, 2010 #2
    not the beginning that I expected ^^"

come on guys !

4. Jul 11, 2010 #3
    #1 seems like a question for your course catalogue, number 3 seems like a question for google.

5. Jul 11, 2010 #4

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

And for #2 the answer is definitely "yes."

Penn State University Park? Oh, I see... that's what I know simply as "Penn State." (I grew up in the neighboring state of Ohio.) It's not a Cal Tech or MIT, but it's a good solid public university, and I'm sure you can get a good education in either physics or engineering there.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook