Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Life-deciding crossroad need help!

1. Jul 10, 2010 #1
    Hello Physicists, mathematicians, engineers and everyone. This is my first post and I hope it's not the last =]
    I've been in the United States for almost a year ( am from overseas and English is not my mother tongue.)

I got accepted at Penn State-University Park in the nuclear engineering program. However, I do not know what has happened recently, but I figured that physics and math is what I want to do for my undergraduate degree!
    (I know that the possibility of having a good-paid job will decrease)

My questions are:-

1. Can I finish a math\physics double major in four years without having an overloaded schedule every semester? Don't mind doing summer. (( am in a scholarship, and I was told that I have to finish in four years ))
    2. Do I still have the possibility of doing nuclear engineering as a graduate option?
    3. How good is Penn State-University Park for physics and math, and also nuclear engineering?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 11, 2010 #2
    not the beginning that I expected ^^"

come on guys !

4. Jul 11, 2010 #3
    #1 seems like a question for your course catalogue, number 3 seems like a question for google.

5. Jul 11, 2010 #4

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

And for #2 the answer is definitely "yes."

Penn State University Park? Oh, I see... that's what I know simply as "Penn State." (I grew up in the neighboring state of Ohio.) It's not a Cal Tech or MIT, but it's a good solid public university, and I'm sure you can get a good education in either physics or engineering there.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook