Solving a Limit Question: My Attempt and Techniques Used

• Thread starter transgalactic
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Limit
In summary, a limit question is a mathematical problem that involves finding the value of a function as its input approaches a specific value. It is used to analyze the behavior of a function and can be solved using techniques such as direct substitution, factoring, and limit laws. Common mistakes when solving limit questions include not checking for the existence of a limit and not simplifying the expression. To improve skills in solving limit questions, regular practice and understanding of underlying concepts are important, along with seeking help and using resources such as textbooks and online tutorials.
transgalactic
i added a file with the question and
how i tried to solve it

i tried every technic i know of .
i changed the variable twice
nothing come out
please help

Attachments

• lim.GIF
    lim.GIF
    155.5 KB · Views: 411
Physics news on Phys.org
Combine it into a single fraction and try L'Hopital's rule.

thank a lot
i managed to solve it

What is a limit question?

A limit question is a type of mathematical problem that involves finding the value that a function approaches as its input approaches a specific value. It is used to analyze the behavior of a function near a particular input value.

What is the purpose of solving a limit question?

The purpose of solving a limit question is to understand the behavior of a function and to determine its value at a specific point. It is also used to evaluate limits of functions in calculus and is a fundamental concept in mathematical analysis.

What are some common techniques used to solve limit questions?

Some common techniques used to solve limit questions include direct substitution, factoring, rationalization, and the use of limit laws. Other methods such as L'Hôpital's rule, squeeze theorem, and the definition of a limit can also be used depending on the type of limit question.

What are the common mistakes made when solving limit questions?

One common mistake is not checking for the existence of a limit before attempting to solve it. Another mistake is not simplifying the expression before applying limit laws. It is also important to pay attention to the domain of the function and to be careful with algebraic manipulations.

How can I improve my skills in solving limit questions?

To improve your skills in solving limit questions, it is important to practice regularly and to understand the underlying concepts. You can also seek help from a tutor or teacher, and use resources such as textbooks and online tutorials. Additionally, it is helpful to work through various types of limit questions to gain a better understanding of different techniques and approaches.