Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A link for the conspiracy theorists

1. Aug 3, 2005 #1
    The death of the Florida Deprtment of Transpotation Director; Suicide or...........was the guy really on to something?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_C._Lemme

Last edited: Aug 3, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 3, 2005 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Huh? How is money-laundering through the turnpike system related to election tampering? :confused: :confused:

4. Aug 3, 2005 #3
    Hint. click the Clint Curtis link. Even more is under other links on the Clint Curtis link. The only one that I would think might be credible is the St.Petersburg Times link.

I thought this was dead in the water long ago.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2005
  5. Aug 3, 2005 #4
    Be careful there SIAB this may be your last post.

6. Aug 4, 2005 #5
    The bloggers have breathed new life into the Lemme investigation, and his death. Lemme was investigating leads which indicated that the Florida turnpike funds were being used as a method of laundering Bush campaign contributions. Contributors such as China and Saudi Arabia were involved.

The Curtis link is an account of his designing a program that would allow a hacker to change as many as 100,000 votes on the touch screen machines. Lemme and Curtis had discussed the possibility that the entire situation was controlled by the Bush campaign.
    The Curtis allogations brought about a congressional investigation.

The links sum up the situation much better than I can, or should need to.

If people really don't want to know the truth, or are to busy/lazy to read the links there is not much I can do about that.

http://archive.sptimes.ru/archive/times/1060/opinion/o_15411.htm

Last edited: Aug 4, 2005
  7. Aug 4, 2005 #6

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Meh. As conspiracy theory goes, that stuff's pretty weak.

8. Aug 4, 2005 #7
    So was Watergate in the early stages.

9. Aug 4, 2005 #8
    The 2000 election, particularly in regard to discrepancies in Florida, is already known to be controversial without the added conspiracy. Election reform is greatly needed in general. Hopefully we can get a 'paper trail' for electronic voting, and stop the gerrymandering, and fundamentalist pandering, etc., etc. There are so many ways to tamper with elections, as well as contributions, it is ridiculous.

10. Aug 4, 2005 #9
    it is well known and documented about security vulnerabilities in diebold voting software.. it's databases are Access files! yes Microsoft ACCESS files. anyone can enter the database and change the results at will, also all the source codes of the software where found in an open ftp server of diebold

11. Aug 4, 2005 #10
    For someone who thinks that Tom DeLay is a senator, I would have to conclude that your knowledge of current political events is "pretty weak."
    :wink:

12. Aug 4, 2005 #11
    carefull, he's a mod.

13. Aug 4, 2005 #12
    Just saw a bumper sticker: Don't blame me. My vote wasn't counted.

There are a lot of Americans who do not believe that Bush was elected on the up-and-up. His campaign tactics represent a new level of nasty. It wouldn't surprise me if there was even more sinister things going on.

14. Aug 4, 2005 #13

Pengwuino

Gold Member

A lot of americans believe the moonlandings were faked. :rolleyes:

We all already know that the Democrats were heavily involved in voter fraud in the 2004 election. It is disgusting that they are allowed to get away with it however. The Kerry campaign seriously underminded the election process of the United States.

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=\Nation\archive\200508\NAT20050802b.html

15. Aug 4, 2005 #14
    Catholic News Service? Oh wait, CybercastNews...real mainstream.

16. Aug 4, 2005 #15

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Catholic? What kind of news services am i getting my crap from.

Wait what are you talking about?

Well it was a 2nd hand link. I knew of the report first so i looked for a news report about ti and thats what came up. Oh well :smile:

17. Aug 4, 2005 #16
    This is a website that, on its front page, accuses Ted Kennedy of "flip-flopping" because of a statement that he made in 1967 regarding Thurgood Marshall. I'd hardly consider it to be unbiased.

18. Aug 4, 2005 #17
    The Bush administartion has sent marine reserves to fight in the Iraqi desert in "amphibious" vehicles, hmm that sounds implausible too. It even sounds like it could be a weak conspriracy theory proprosed by some whacko liberal antiwar blogger.

nothing is as it seems

19. Aug 4, 2005 #18

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Implausible? There is water in iraq... and many amphibious vehicles in the marine arsenal are dual-use (water and land). You must have seen landings from WW2 by the marines... they even had them back then.

20. Aug 4, 2005 #19
    I'd be curious to see a poll on this - how do you set one up here?

21. Aug 4, 2005 #20
    When you set up the thread there should be an option some where on the screen. Make sure to include more than a yes or no response though, at least that's what I prefer when I see one being the fence sitter type that I am. :tongue:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?