Learning General Relativity Formulas: A Guide

In summary, the speaker has received multiple links to answer their questions and has read and understood them. However, they struggle to make sense of mathematical formulas on these websites. They are requesting a link to learn general relativity formulas and are advised to consider buying a book or checking the helpful links provided.
neh4pres
many people have sent me links to answer my questions. i have read them and i do understand them. i have the ability to picture how general relativity works. however when i see mathematical formulas on these sights u send me they really mean nothing. is there a link you can send me that i can learn gr formulas from?

Physics news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:

Hi there,

I'm glad to hear that you have been actively seeking out resources to learn about general relativity formulas. It's great that you have a good understanding of the concept and can visualize how it works. However, I understand that mathematical formulas can be intimidating and difficult to understand at first.

I would suggest checking out online courses or video tutorials that specifically focus on teaching general relativity formulas. These resources often break down the formulas step by step and provide visual aids to help with understanding. Some popular platforms for online courses include Coursera and edX.

Additionally, there are many textbooks and study guides available that offer explanations and examples of general relativity formulas. These resources may be more comprehensive and provide a deeper understanding of the subject.

I hope these suggestions help and I wish you the best of luck in your learning journey!

1. What is general relativity and why is it important to learn the formulas?

General relativity is a theory of gravitation that was developed by Albert Einstein in the early 20th century. It describes how massive objects interact with each other and how gravity affects the fabric of space and time. It is important to learn the formulas of general relativity because they allow us to make accurate predictions and understand the behavior of massive objects in the universe.

2. How difficult is it to learn the formulas of general relativity?

Learning the formulas of general relativity can be challenging, as it requires a strong understanding of mathematics and physics. However, with dedication and practice, anyone can learn the formulas and apply them to solve complex problems in general relativity.

3. Are there any prerequisites for learning general relativity formulas?

Yes, a basic understanding of calculus and classical mechanics is necessary to learn the formulas of general relativity. It is also helpful to have a background in special relativity, which is a theory that describes the behavior of objects moving at high speeds.

4. How can I practice and improve my understanding of general relativity formulas?

One of the best ways to practice and improve your understanding of general relativity formulas is to solve practice problems and work through derivations. You can also attend lectures or join study groups to discuss and clarify any questions you may have.

5. Can I apply the formulas of general relativity in real-life situations?

Yes, many real-life situations involve the principles of general relativity, such as the motion of planets and stars, the behavior of black holes, and the bending of light by massive objects. Understanding and applying the formulas of general relativity can help us make accurate predictions and advancements in fields such as astronomy and astrophysics.