Solving √ x + 4/3 y with p = 3.4 e3 Kg m-³

• Thread starter stepha
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about using substitution and base units to calculate the answer in Km s-1. The equation involves square roots and values for p, x, and y with units of Kg, m, and s. The speaker also mentions converting the final answer from m/s to km/s.
stepha
Heres the question – :bugeye:

√ x + 4/3 y
√ p
(this whole equation should be squared, but not sure how to make the square root symbol big enough)

p = 3.4 e3 Kg m-³

x = 1.6 e11 N m-²

y = 6.4 e10 N m-²

I need to calculate the answer and give my answer in Km s-1 (Km per second)

Any ideas?? :confused:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't understand... are you just trying to substitute them in?

If the problem is with the units, just use base units all the way through (kg, m, s) and then your final answer will be in m/s. Then its easy to convert m/s to km/s.

thank you for the advice, I will have another go

What is the equation "Solving √ x + 4/3 y with p = 3.4 e3 Kg m-³" used for?

This equation is used to calculate the value of the variable x when given the values of the variables y and p. The equation also includes a constant value of 3.4 e3 Kg m-³.

What do the symbols in the equation represent?

The symbol √ represents the square root operation. The variables x and y represent unknown values that need to be solved for. The symbol p represents a constant value of 3.4 e3 Kg m-³.

What are the units of measurement used in this equation?

The units used in this equation are kilograms (Kg) for the variable p and meters (m) for the constant value of 3.4 e3 Kg m-³. The units for the variables x and y will depend on the specific problem being solved.

Can this equation be used to solve for multiple values of x?

Yes, this equation can be used to solve for multiple values of x as long as the values of y and p remain constant. However, the equation may have multiple solutions or no solution depending on the values of y and p.

Is this equation only applicable to scientific problems?

No, this equation can be used in a variety of fields, including scientific, mathematical, and engineering applications. It is commonly used to solve problems involving unknown variables and constant values.