Rob Picard: High School Math/Physics Student and Aspiring Physicist

In summary, a group of high school students with a passion for math and physics have joined a forum to discuss their interests. One student is also interested in PHP programming and another in physiology. There is a brief discussion about fish cookies and a playful initiation involving a milky fish cake. Overall, the students are excited to engage in discussions and learn from others on the forum.
RPicard
Hey everyone, my name is Rob Picard, I'm a 16 year old high school student with a mind for math and physics. I'm planning to go for a major in Physics when I head off to college in 2011, and I'm taking a Physics class my senior year, so I figured this would be a good place to get started.

I've also been trying my hand at PHP programming lately, which I guess isn't too far of a stretch from math and physics.

I look forward to having some people to discuss ideas and theories with, and I really can't wait to check out the library.

Physics news on Phys.org
'Sup. I'm 17 y.o. high school student. I've also got a keen interest for math and physics, though my interests in physiology takes priority and I'm pretty set on a medicine eductation.

I'm a newcomer myself, but welcome. This is a really great place if you're interested in sciences of all kinds.

Welcome to PF, RPicard! This is a great resource for discussing physics. Hope that you enjoy yourself. :smile:

Hi, RPicard!
Are you into..fish? :smile:

That question goes to TubbaBLubba as well..:devil:

Welcome to PF!

arildno said:
Hi, RPicard!
Are you into..fish? :smile:

That question goes to TubbaBLubba as well..:devil:

You Norweigans and your fish cookies.

TubbaBlubba said:
You Norweigans and your fish cookies.

*A fish cookie shoved into TubbaBlubba's ear..CRUNCH!*

You are now properly initiated at the PF forums! :smile:

arildno said:
*A fish cookie shoved into TubbaBlubba's ear..CRUNCH!*

You are now properly initiated at the PF forums! :smile:

Can I get you a Q-tip swab, Tubba?

No thanks, I don't think anything less than acetone will do for this.

Hey Rob, be welcome. I'd be happy to discuss PHP with you any time. And fish cookies? Can I safely assume you don't eat those with milk?

Tedjn said:
Hey Rob, be welcome. I'd be happy to discuss PHP with you any time. And fish cookies? Can I safely assume you don't eat those with milk?

[PLAIN]http://www.norsknettskole.no/fag/ressurser/itstud/fuv/audotnes/Fiskekaker.JPG [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I suppose they look harmless enough...

Lol, I love how active this forum is. 11 responses, and fish-cookies!

Oh, and no, I don't plan to eat mine with milk.

RPicard said:
Lol, I love how active this forum is. 11 responses, and fish-cookies!

Oh, and no, I don't plan to eat mine with milk.

*Splatting a milky fish cake onto IPicard's nose! *

arildno said:

Haha, it's RPicard :biggrin:.

*hands RPicard a damp towel*

arildno said:
That sounds...bad.

RPicard said:
That sounds...bad.

It was your formal initiation rite. It is supposed to be bad.

And welcome you are! :smile:

1. What inspired you to become a physicist?

I have always been fascinated by the mysteries of the universe and how it operates. As I advanced in my studies of math and physics in high school, I became more and more intrigued by the complex theories and concepts that explain the workings of our world. This curiosity and passion for understanding the fundamental laws of nature ultimately led me to pursue a career in physics.

2. What advice do you have for aspiring physicists?

My advice would be to never stop learning and exploring. Physics is a constantly evolving field, and there is always something new to discover. Stay curious, ask questions, and don't be afraid to challenge yourself. Also, make sure to build a strong foundation in math and critical thinking skills as they are essential for success in this field.

3. What are your favorite topics in physics?

I am particularly interested in quantum mechanics, astrophysics, and cosmology. The idea of the fundamental building blocks of the universe and how they interact on a microscopic level fascinates me. I also enjoy studying the vastness of our universe and the mysteries it holds, such as black holes and dark matter.

4. How do you balance your studies with other interests and activities?

Time management is crucial for balancing my studies with other interests and activities. I prioritize my responsibilities and make a schedule to ensure I have enough time for everything. I also believe in taking breaks and engaging in activities that recharge my mind and body, such as playing sports or spending time with friends and family.

5. What are your future plans in the field of physics?

I plan to pursue a higher education in physics and continue conducting research in my areas of interest. I also hope to contribute to the advancement of knowledge in the field and inspire others to pursue careers in science. Ultimately, my goal is to make meaningful contributions to our understanding of the universe and its workings.