A little inverse help cube root

In summary, the conversation discusses finding the inverse of a given function and the steps taken to do so. The correct inverse function is (x+7)^2-2/9 and the conversation also suggests the use of proper notation for mathematical expressions.
aisha
find the inverse of f(x)=3sqrt(x+2) -7 x>=-2

I got this far (x+7)=3sqrt(y+2)

I don't know how to get rid of the cube root someone help please :cry:

Physics news on Phys.org
aisha said:

just cube both sides of the equation...

therefore is the inverse of my equation f^-1(x)=(x+7)^(3)-2 ? :yuck:

Yup.....

it doesn't look anything like the inverse when plugged into the graphing calculator into y= and compared to DrawInv

I tried again now my answer is

[(x+7)^3] -2
_________

Is this correct? OR totally wrong? :uhh:

Is that 3 * cube root of (x + 2)

or just cube root of (x + 2)??

aisha said:

This is really curious.She's posted 196 times,yet she hasn't had the time to learn how to edit the formulas in 'tex'.
If your initial function was:
[tex] f_{1}(x)=\sqrt[3]{x+2}-7 [/tex]
,then the inverse is found simply:
[tex] f_{1}^{-1}(x)=(x+7)^{3}-2 [/tex].
If your initial function was:
[tex] f_{2}(x)=3\sqrt[3]{x+2}-7 [/tex]
,then the inverse is easily found to be
[tex] f_{2}^{-1}(x)=\frac{(x+7)^{3}}{27}-2[/tex]
The curious part is that i don't have any idea "which is which",as you posted both answers as 'correct'.Obviously only one is.
In the end i'd like to ask you in a very polite way to sacrifice some of your spare time and read the .pdf document which explains you how you can edit your mathematical formulas in 'tex'. :smile:

Daniel.

PS.Isn't it a little weird to you as well that on Christmas Evening you chose mathematics as a 'date'?? :tongue2: :wink:

By the way- the notation "3 sqrt(x)" to mean "cube root" really steams me. It makes it look like you don't know the difference between "cube root" and "square root". Even if you refuse to use [itex]^3\sqrt{x}[/itex] or 3√(x), you could at least write "cbrt(x)" or "3rdrt(x)".

Ur right I really don't have time to read the txt, but when I do have I time I will for sure. The question is 3 * the square root of (x+2) subtract 7
(7 is not under the square root). And yes I do know the difference between cube root and square root.

I got the previous answer because I was told to cube both sides of the equation to get rid of the square root, but I think I was supposed to square both sides of the equation to get rid of the square root.

So is the answer
(x+7)^(2) -2
---------

Last edited:
Yes,this time it's the good answer. :smile: One request,though,pleeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeeaeaeaeaeeaeaeaeaeaeaseread that file which explains the tex editing language.U might be able to have an adjustable fraction line,not a bunch of minuses... :tongue2:

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
PS.Isn't it a little weird to you as well that on Christmas Evening you chose mathematics as a 'date'?? :tongue2: :wink:
What's wrong with that? I never get any dates, either. Of course, in my case, the reason is obvious.

1. What is a little inverse help cube root?

A little inverse help cube root refers to the inverse operation of finding the cube root of a number. It is a mathematical concept that involves finding the number that, when multiplied by itself three times, gives the original number.

2. How do you find the little inverse help cube root of a number?

To find the little inverse help cube root of a number, you can use a calculator or manually calculate it by finding the number that, when multiplied by itself three times, gives the original number. You can also use the cube root function on a calculator or a spreadsheet program.

3. What is the difference between a cube root and a little inverse help cube root?

A cube root refers to finding the number that, when multiplied by itself three times, gives the original number. A little inverse help cube root, on the other hand, is the inverse operation of this, where you find the number that, when multiplied by itself three times, gives the original number. In other words, they are two different ways of looking at the same mathematical concept.

4. What are some real-life applications of a little inverse help cube root?

A little inverse help cube root can be used in various fields such as engineering, physics, and computer graphics. It can be used to calculate the dimensions of a cube or to determine the volume of a cube-shaped object. It is also used in solving polynomial equations and in the construction of geometric shapes.

5. Are there any shortcuts or tricks for finding the little inverse help cube root?

There are no specific shortcuts or tricks for finding the little inverse help cube root, but there are some tips that can make the process easier. For example, you can use a calculator or a spreadsheet program to quickly calculate the cube root or use estimation techniques to get a rough approximation of the answer. Additionally, memorizing some common cube root values can also be helpful in solving problems related to little inverse help cube roots.