A Math Question that Matt Grime Couldn't Answer?

• Thread starter loseyourname
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around trying to get a person to participate in a discussion on Group Theory and Abstract Algebra. The group is attempting various strategies to get the person to join, including using clever titles and links to related discussions. The conversation also touches on the idea of tempting the person to join by hitting them where it hurts.
loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Just keep bumping this until he takes the bait.

Physics news on Phys.org
do you think it will work?

He'll probably see it and then realize it's bait and just ignore it without responding.

What is that problem that has yet to be solved, zeta 2 or something?

"Group Theory" and "Abstract Algebra"

Well if you put "Group Theory" and "Abstract Algebra" in a title, it just might get his attention. Or, put a post with link to a post in a GD thread, but it has to be related to the aformentioned topics or "Number Theory" :biggrin:

...or try "Group Theory dismissed as nonsense". :biggrin:

So, is he the last person up there :rolleyes: who hasn't sunken to our level down here yet? And you're all trying to tempt him in?

I prefer to think of it as he's the last person still incapable of achieving our level of bliss and we're simply trying to help him find true happiness.

It took about a year to finally suck me in here, although I did always post in P&WA. There could be hope.

That boy sounds scarily clever!

loseyourname said:
It took about a year to finally suck me in here, although I did always post in P&WA. There could be hope.
Good, can you give us any insights into the mind of a GD-avoider?
I think being nice and playful has failed. We need to hit him where it hurts.

See what happens when you get up at 5 am and try to find your slippers to go post on GD

http://knovamind.com/image_lib/Easter%20Bunny%20slippers.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is "A Math Question that Matt Grime Couldn't Answer"?

"A Math Question that Matt Grime Couldn't Answer" is a famous math problem that was posed by a mathematician named Matt Grime. It gained recognition when he was unable to solve it, despite being a renowned mathematician himself.

2. What is the origin of this math question?

The math question originated from a problem that was given to Matt Grime by one of his students. He was unable to solve it and shared it with the math community, leading to its widespread recognition.

3. Can anyone solve this math question?

It is unknown if anyone has been able to solve this math question. Many mathematicians have attempted to solve it, but no one has been able to provide a definitive answer.

4. What makes this math question so difficult to solve?

The difficulty of this math question lies in its complexity and ambiguity. It involves higher level mathematics and requires creative and unconventional thinking to solve.

5. Why is this math question still being talked about?

This math question is still being talked about because it remains unsolved and has sparked curiosity and intrigue among mathematicians and math enthusiasts. It serves as a reminder that there are still many unsolved problems in the world of mathematics.