Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Mother's Love

1. Dec 21, 2004 #1

I was horrified to hear of the UK government's plans to make child-care available in schools from eight until six. I submit there is a world of difference between 'care' and a mother's love and a good mother will tailor her work-routine to suit the needs of the child, and not the other way round.
    When we receive love, we give out love, and the anti-social behaviour and crime in our towns and cities is surely due more than anything else to a lack of love in early life, which investigation would show. A mother's love is essential to the health and well-being of the child and government should take note and deploy its resources accordingly, instead of compounding the problem as it does now.

Would the reader agree that a mother's love is more important than 'care'?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 4, 2005 #2
    As far as I am aware, anybody who gives the child consistent care and attention will do. The problem is that not everyone (either men or women) can do this for their own child, let alone another person's.

By the way, your post is written with a certain... je ne sais quoi. Have you ever considered using it as a chat-up line?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?