N00b's Adventures in Wonderland: A Tale of Misunderstandings

• Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date
In summary: Hard to find great posts in PF? I think you need to expand your horizons a bit and visit the vast world of PF outside of GD. ...or maybe you should just stick to summarizing.
Lisa!
Gold Member
At first
1.I thought Moonbear and hypatia were male!
2.I thought Danger was dangerous!(now I'm sure he is.)
3.I thought Franzbear was 1 of the members!
4.I didn't understand why people spent los of time in Franzbear!(because they're as crazy as I'm)
5.Ivan and Tsu got married here!
6.I thought Evo had a little daughter!
But I knew posting in GD doen't count!I think I'm still a n00b because I still don't know if Evo kids are real!and I think I'll stay a n00b forever because of that! :cry:
I should write a book which is named "Lisa!'s adventures in PF"! :rolleyes:

Physics news on Phys.org
eh, I'm still not quite sure what the whole franzbear thing is about.

Meet Franzbear Just read every post in the thread and you will understand.

264 pages?!...summary, please?

I thought you wanted to understand Franzbear?

i read the first 6-7 pages and it has nothing to do with this franzbear.

yourdadonapogostick said:
Of course it does, you silly ass. The thread is Franzbear. How could it have nothing to do with itself? (Okay, my brother has nothing to do with himself, but that's by court order.)

threadkillers=franzbear?

i thought franzbear was the story about the character named franzbear...confused...

The thread got its name changed to Franzbear,which comes from Franznietzsche and Moonbear.It's that simple.The rest was just forum spam.It took a while till someone realized that and more than 8000 posts.

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
The thread got its name changed to Franzbear,which comes from Franznietzsche and Moonbear.It's that simple.The rest was just forum spam.It took a while till someone realized that and more than 8000 posts.

Daniel.
Yeah, pretty much only the first half is worth reading in detail. Once franzbear hit his adolescent years, he got unruly and started mumbling and talking in incoherent sentences, wrote graffiti all over the place, and just wasn't the sweet kid he started out as. Alas, we determined he had an incurable disease and needed to be put down.

Moonbear said:
Yeah, pretty much only the first half is worth reading in detail. Once franzbear hit his adolescent years, he got unruly and started mumbling and talking in incoherent sentences, wrote graffiti all over the place, and just wasn't the sweet kid he started out as. Alas, we determined he had an incurable disease and needed to be put down.
You know, if I end up REALLY bored thisd weekend, I just might create a "Franzbear" thread for classics, I can edit out all the non-essential posts. It will be my last tribute. Or I might do yardwork. I'm kind of in the mood to do it.

Of course anything to do with beavers or turtles stays in the thread.

Evo said:
And sheep! Let's not forget sheep! If you edit out the sheep as well as all irrelevant posts, you will essentially erase my existence. :frown:

Evo said:
You know, if I end up REALLY bored thisd weekend, I just might create a "Franzbear" thread for classics, I can edit out all the non-essential posts. It will be my last tribute. Or I might do yardwork. I'm kind of in the mood to do it.

Hey, that would be really cool, but on the other hand, I really hope you don't find yourself so bored as to require undertaking the task just to entertain yourself. :bugeye: If you edit out all the non-essential fluff, I think we'll discover Franzbear was actually a pretty scrawny kid underneath all that hair! :eek:

Danger said:
And sheep! Let's not forget sheep! If you edit out the sheep as well as all irrelevant posts, you will essentially erase my existence. :frown:

I'm pretty sure you got in on the beaver action too. :biggrin:

Danger said:
Oh, the sheep stay!

Moonbear said:
If you edit out all the non-essential fluff, I think we'll discover
Yeah, the thread will go from 8,000 posts to 80. :tongue2:

I think Franzbear will be pretty meaty, there were some really great posts in there, but they're hard to find right now.

Evo said:
Oh, the sheep stay!

Yeah, the thread will go from 8,000 posts to 80. :tongue2:

I think Franzbear will be pretty meaty, there were some really great posts in there, but they're hard to find right now.
Oerhaps because it's really hard to find great posts in Pf!

Lisa! said:
Oerhaps because it's really hard to find great posts in Pf!
Hard to find great posts in PF? I think you need to expand your horizons a bit and visit the vast world of PF outside of GD. :eek:

Moonbear said:
Hard to find great posts in PF? I think you need to expand your horizons a bit and visit the vast world of PF outside of GD. :eek:
I want to do it but it's impossible!I'm alone here.there aren't enough(perhaps no one) experts in my favorite area and I had to move somewhere else.
but yes,you're right.there are lots of perfect posts outside of GD!

yourdadonapogostick said:
So you wimped out! I said read the whole thing. The Franzbear christining did not happen the first day the thread opened. The thread had already demonstrated its legs. I believe that it had already been closed, then resurected before it earned its name. You will need to look some where after April Fools day for the christining. But if you have not followed the page after page of meaningless banter then you cannot fully know Franzbear! :yuck:

Lisa! said:
because
*rubs eyes* did she type the whole word!?

yomamma said:
*rubs eyes* did she type the whole word!?
Hey it's a long time I do it coz of you!anyway, welcome back!

Lisa! said:
I want to do it but it's impossible!I'm alone here.there aren't enough(perhaps no one) experts in my favorite area and I had to move somewhere else.
but yes,you're right.there are lots of perfect posts outside of GD!
What is your favorite area, may I ask?

Astronuc said:
What is your favorite area, may I ask?
Sure you can.It's Psychology!

Lisa! said:
Sure you can.It's Psychology!
I would think that GD is a paradise for someone in psychology! Just trying to understand all the individuals and their behaviors around here must be pretty intersting. :biggrin:

Astronuc said:
I would think that GD is a paradise for someone in psychology! Just trying to understand all the individuals and their behaviors around here must be pretty intersting. :biggrin:
:rofl: Exactly.this is the reason I stay here.honestly,I was about to start a thrad in feedback&... and ask why there aren't any psychologist around here.although here's a great place who're interested in doing research in this area! :wink: but you know I feel I'm alone here because I've not found anyone to talk to about what I find out! o:)

Well perhaps any psychologist would avoid divulging the fact that he or she is a psychologist and would also avoid disclosing the fact that they are studying the behavior of people in order to avoid influencing that behavior.

I would imagine, somewhere at some pysch department at some university, there is a grad student doing his or her dissertation on the behavior of people on internet forums, perhaps even GD. :biggrin:

Well, the social sciences forum is a good place for discussing psychology, but we just haven't managed to get a critical mass of psychologists here all at the same time to keep any substance to the discussions there for long. Those of us in neuroscience don't live in a vacuum from psychology, though we focus more on the biological aspects than the cognitive side of things. We need to lure people into more serious discussions in the social sciences forum somehow.

Astronuc said:
I would imagine, somewhere at some pysch department at some university, there is a grad student doing his or her dissertation on the behavior of people on internet forums, perhaps even GD. :biggrin:
There are probably at least a few senior research projects on it if not several dissertations worth of work. :biggrin: There are fascinating dynamics at work on internet forums, and aside from those studying abnormal psychology, you'd think those interested in educational psychology might also find forums such as this interesting to observe and study.

I'm taking a psych and a sociology course in the fall.. does that help?

Moonbear said:
There are probably at least a few senior research projects on it if not several dissertations worth of work. :biggrin: There are fascinating dynamics at work on internet forums, and aside from those studying abnormal psychology, you'd think those interested in educational psychology might also find forums such as this interesting to observe and study.
:biggrin: :rofl:

I agree on the fascinating dynamics. Especially where trolls and bozos, and flame wars are concerned.

I guess those in abnormal psychology maybe focused on chat rooms. I have encountered some pretty strange individuals in chatrooms, and I mostly avoid them.

Astronuc said:
Well perhaps any psychologist would avoid divulging the fact that he or she is a psychologist and would also avoid disclosing the fact that they are studying the behavior of people in order to avoid influencing that behavior.
yes,you'r right.But it's easy to know them.you know they can't avoid discussing hot topics and the way they try to get more information from people will reveal their secret. :wink: you know they have a special view about every issue and the only way they can hide it,it's to avoid of talking about anything.and unfortunately you can't get enough data about people when you don't discuss with them.Sometimes you have to get people's goat to know them.

there's no special place for them to do their researches.I mean they're doing their job wherever and whenever they meet humans.
you're saying a funny memory but it allows your psychologist friend to find out your psychological problems.anyway I think internet could be a good place to do research in psychology area because sometimesit's difficult to get right information in face to face conversations esp. when his/her favorite case is lying in order to impress the poor psychologist.for sure the psychologist will understand he's lying 1 day but it takes so long.(some people don't stop lying even through internet esp. in chatrooms !:cry: )

Last edited:
Smurf said:
I'm taking a psych and a sociology course in the fall.. does that help?
Your attandance around here is a better help! :biggrin:

Lisa! said:
Your attandance around here is a better help! :biggrin:
attendance is spelled with an 'e'.

GAH! I'm turning into yomamma! Make it stop! Make it stop! AHHHHH

*bury's his head in his pillow and cries*

Smurf said:
attendance is spelled with an 'e'.

GAH! I'm turning into yomamma! Make it stop! Make it stop! AHHHHH

*bury's his head in his pillow and cries*
oops when your typing fast,it always happens. but it won't change anything about you.

smurf, you're too short to be me. go pretend to be danger somewhere