A new conjecture on the micro states of black-holes

In summary, the conversation discusses a new conjecture on resolutions of the schwarzschild singularity and the physics interpretation for the micro states of black-holes. The idea proposes that matters inside the horizon of schwarzschild black-holes are not concentrating on the central point, but are instead dispersed and experiencing repeated motion. This idea resolves the singularity and provides an explanation for the origin of black-hole entropy. The conversation also mentions the possibility of verifying this idea through gravitational wave observations and numerical simulations.
sufive
Dear All Gravitinos,

I write this post here to discuss a new conjecture on resolutions of the schwarzschild singularity and the physics interpretation for the micro states of black-holes (arxiv: 1606.06178, published in Nucl. Phys. B2017,02,005, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.nuclphysb.2017.02.005 ).

In this paper I quotient an idea that: matters inside the horizon of schwarzschild black-holes are not concentrating on the central point, instead they are dispersed inside the horizon and are experiencing repeated motion of contraction and over-head — anti-directional expansion — contraction again. I provide numerical evidences at both general relativity and quantum gravitation levels that, the modes of matter distributions inside the horizon is of order exp(A/l_pl^2). This idea resolves the scharzschild singularity but avoids contradictions with the singularity theorem and provides an intuitive explanation for the origin of black-hole entropy, and very probably a method of resolving the information missing puzzle involved in the hawking radiations.

I expect this picture is dis/verifiable since in the mergering of binary black-holes, gravitation waves coming from the binary mass-points covered by horizon and those from binary mass-distributions also covered by horizon should be distinguishable.

How do you, all gravitation and black-hole professionals look about this idea? I know some big mans in this area are in this forum

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
sufive said:
Dear All Gravitinos,

I write this post here to discuss a new conjecture on resolutions of the schwarzschild singularity and the physics interpretation for the micro states of black-holes (arxiv: 1606.06178, published in Nucl. Phys. B2017,02,005, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.nuclphysb.2017.02.005 ).

In this paper I quotient an idea that: matters inside the horizon of schwarzschild black-holes are not concentrating on the central point, instead they are dispersed inside the horizon and are experiencing repeated motion of contraction and over-head — anti-directional expansion — contraction again. I provide numerical evidences at both general relativity and quantum gravitation levels that, the modes of matter distributions inside the horizon is of order exp(A/l_pl^2). This idea resolves the scharzschild singularity but avoids contradictions with the singularity theorem and provides an intuitive explanation for the origin of black-hole entropy, and very probably a method of resolving the information missing puzzle involved in the hawking radiations.

I expect this picture is dis/verifiable since in the mergering of binary black-holes, gravitation waves coming from the binary mass-points covered by horizon and those from binary mass-distributions also covered by horizon should be distinguishable.

How do you, all gravitation and black-hole professionals look about this idea? I know some big mans in this area are in this forum
Well, as distinct from a big man, I'm only a lay person who has read plenty including Thorne's Black Holes and Time Warps, and Rees and Begalman's "Gravity's Fatal Attraction", but I 'm certain that GR tells us that once the Schwarzschild radius is reached in any matter, that further collapse is compulsory, at least up to the quantum/Planck level where GR is not applicable.
Most Physicists do not believe that any physical singularity is reached, and a future QGT may reveal more in that regard.

Last edited by a moderator:
My key observation is, to reveal more in the further collapse after the schwarzschild radius is reached, the usual general relativity and canonical quantum gravitation may be enough.

To see this clearly, we only need to know a fact that, the very large black holes have very small average mass densities. So, if we consider the inverse-time evolution of our universe, when its density reaches about 0.02g/cm^3[=M_milk/(4pi*/3*(2GM_milk/c^2)^3)], the spherical region as large as our milky way centered on us has become in the horizon of a black hole. However, this does not prohibit cosmologists to use general relativity to study its evolutions at all. The key point here is, choosing an appropriate time coordinates.

In our papers, we choose a time coordinate very similar to the co-moving time of cosmologists, so that evolutions after the horizon forms can still be explored conveniently in general relativity and canonical quantum gravitations.

Last edited:
arXiv link

How accessible is this to the existing gravitational wave observatories? You mention a difference in black hole mergers. The ringdown has been observed already, how do you have any estimate how much it changes in your model?

Currently, I did no numerical simulations about the gravitational waves following from binary black holes with non-trivial inner mass distribution. But I indeed read most of the existing literatures studying this subject. All of them seem to take the inner part of merging black holes as simple mass point covered by horizons. In their numerical codes, the inner part of black holes are all excised simply and imposes no effects on the form of gravitational waves they predicted. One of my purposes of posting this thread here is to attract attentions from professionals in this area, if they can/already do this simulation and give definite predictions, the fact will become very interesting for the near future gravitational wave observations.

1. What is the new conjecture on the micro states of black-holes?

The new conjecture proposes that the micro states of black-holes are not purely random, as previously thought, but instead follow a specific pattern based on the properties of the black-hole.

2. How does this new conjecture differ from previous theories?

This conjecture challenges the long-held belief that the micro states of black-holes are completely random and instead suggests that there is some underlying structure or order to them.

3. What evidence supports this new conjecture?

The evidence for this conjecture comes from recent studies of black-hole thermodynamics and information loss paradox, as well as theoretical calculations using quantum mechanics and general relativity.

4. How could this new conjecture impact our understanding of black-holes?

If this conjecture proves to be true, it could greatly advance our understanding of the nature of black-holes and their behavior, as well as have implications for our understanding of gravity and the laws of physics.

5. What further research is needed to confirm or refute this new conjecture?

Further research is needed to test this conjecture using experimental data and observations of black-holes, as well as to develop better theoretical models and calculations to support or refute it.