Are We Heading Anywhere? Ideas Welcome!

In summary, the Earth is heading towards the Virgo galaxy cluster and in the future, humanity will learn that its role is to bring about a more complete state of reality. However, until then, religion and science will continue fighting like cats and dogs.
hamlet69
has anyone got a new idea of where we could be heading?

it either into space, or to the bottom of the sea, or into cyberspace, does anyone think that we are actual heading anywhere?

it just seems like chaos and with no clear goal we will just end up going around in circles forever

any ideas?

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by hamlet69

well, I read somewhere that according to the last CMBR measurements, the Earth together with the whole Milky Way are heading towards the Virgo galaxy cluster...

hamlet, I think we're heading in all those directions, and more. I don't see this as leading to circles; rather, it leads to progress in all directions.

The Earth will still stick to the Sun and the solar system will also stick to the Milky Way. (until the day the Sun dies)

And due to the Big Bang Expansion, The Milky Way is heading outwards with other galaxy.

Originally posted by physicskid
The Earth will still stick to the Sun and the solar system will also stick to the Milky Way. (until the day the Sun dies)

"Stick to"?

Originally posted by hamlet69
Forwards in spacetime.
Upwards in entropy.
Onwards in knowledge.

Into the unknown.

i think we should be thinking about colonizing mars
or some other planet soon, it seems we are restricted
to below light speed travel so extra solar system
travel is efectivly ruled out.
the Earth's resources cannot last forever, so what
else can we do other than migrate.
if advances ie n fission and maybe climate conrol
can be acheived in the near future we have a
chance of survival for a few more centuries, but
what then? has anyone worked what the Earth's population
will be in 10, 20, 50 YRs from now? i think that is
going to be the over riding factor in our survival
on this planet.

Humanity is about to learn that it is living in a state of physical incompleteness, in the sense that there is more to physics than we presently think.

For centuries this knowledge has been expressed in veiled words, and has been the subject of wild speculation by many. But there will come a time when this knowledge will be expressed in solid mathematical theory.

Then people will realize that religion and science have been working towards the same outcome, and the prophets possessed knowledge that science presently does not.

Humanity will learn that its role is to bring about a more complete state of reality, since crude matter is unable to do this on its own.

But until then, religion and science will continue fighting like cats and dogs, because cats and dogs know no better.

Personally, I don't really think where we are heading for we are heading in all directions at once, I prefer to think where we will be. It seems like its the same question but it isn't :S I don't know how to explain...:S

i think a direction humans are reaching in their individual and collective intelligence to reach a higher plane of actual existence and exploration of new sciences, thought, and life is a total transformation of timing sensibility on all levels of the psyche adept

the core of study and application of this new timing sensibility has begun with what has been organized as a global 'calendar' change

shifting the idea of living life according to a timing frequency is raising the bar on existential operations on earth- on every level-

if you might feel to consider exploring how further evolution may be eluding humans, check out the thoughts on my other post- social science of time- and the links there

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=100165#post100165

I always thought we would have enough sense to adapt to our environment. equalize the pollution and the population to where it is sustainable for our race to continue living here on earth. I don't see why we can't still. Rather the idea of sucking up our Earth envioronment with technology and pollution, we need to see that now that we have the intelligence of the future we will start to use it at hand to balance our Earth out.
computors=less paper work= less trees cut down=more oxygen=heathier organisms
solar power or electric cars=less pollution=healthier organisms
birth control or condoms =less babies=less of a population.
Balancing is the game to making our world heathy.

MIKELUS.

what you say is right, but look around, do you see any
action? money is all the majority think about.
if steps are not taken soon can you imagin what
conditions will be like in 100YRs
electric cars still have to be charged, where does
all that electrical power come from?
how many contries have a birth control policy?
did you know that a right to pollute can be bought?
humanity has only one enemy homosapians.

1. What is the purpose of "Are We Heading Anywhere? Ideas Welcome!"?

The purpose of "Are We Heading Anywhere? Ideas Welcome!" is to stimulate critical thinking and discussion about the direction of our society and the world we live in. It is a platform for people to share their ideas and perspectives on where we are heading and how we can create a better future.

2. Who can contribute to "Are We Heading Anywhere? Ideas Welcome!"?

Anyone can contribute to "Are We Heading Anywhere? Ideas Welcome!" as long as they have an open mind and a desire to share their thoughts and ideas. This platform is open to people from all backgrounds and fields of study.

3. How can I submit my ideas to "Are We Heading Anywhere? Ideas Welcome!"?

You can submit your ideas to "Are We Heading Anywhere? Ideas Welcome!" by clicking on the "Submit" button on the website and filling out the form with your name, email, and idea. Your idea will be reviewed and published on the website if it aligns with the purpose of the platform.

4. Are there any guidelines for submitting ideas to "Are We Heading Anywhere? Ideas Welcome!"?

While there are no strict guidelines, we encourage contributors to be respectful and open-minded in their submissions. We also ask that ideas are well-thought-out and supported by evidence or logical reasoning.

5. How can I engage in discussions on "Are We Heading Anywhere? Ideas Welcome!"?

You can engage in discussions on "Are We Heading Anywhere? Ideas Welcome!" by commenting on the published ideas or by joining the forum section on the website. You can also share your thoughts on social media using the hashtag #AreWeHeadingAnywhere.