Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A new idea

1. Nov 21, 2003 #1
    has anyone got a new idea of where we could be heading?

it either into space, or to the bottom of the sea, or into cyberspace, does anyone think that we are actual heading anywhere?

it just seems like chaos and with no clear goal we will just end up going around in circles forever

any ideas?
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 21, 2003 #2
    well, I read somewhere that according to the last CMBR measurements, the Earth together with the whole Milky Way are heading towards the Virgo galaxy cluster......
  4. Nov 21, 2003 #3
    hamlet, I think we're heading in all those directions, and more. I don't see this as leading to circles; rather, it leads to progress in all directions.
  5. Nov 21, 2003 #4
    The Earth will still stick to the Sun and the solar system will also stick to the Milky Way. (until the day the Sun dies)

And due to the Big Bang Expansion, The Milky Way is heading outwards with other galaxy.
  6. Nov 22, 2003 #5
    "Stick to"?
  7. Nov 22, 2003 #6

Forwards in spacetime.
    Upwards in entropy.
    Onwards in knowledge.

Into the unknown.
  8. Nov 22, 2003 #7

Gold Member

i think we should be thinking about colonizing mars
    or some other planet soon, it seems we are restricted
    to below light speed travel so extra solar system
    travel is efectivly ruled out.
    the earths resources cannot last forever, so what
    else can we do other than migrate.
    if advances ie n fission and maybe climate conrol
    can be acheived in the near future we have a
    chance of survival for a few more centuries, but
    what then? has any one worked what the earths population
    will be in 10, 20, 50 YRs from now? i think that is
    going to be the over riding factor in our survival
    on this planet.
  9. Nov 22, 2003 #8
    Humanity is about to learn that it is living in a state of physical incompleteness, in the sense that there is more to physics than we presently think.

For centuries this knowledge has been expressed in veiled words, and has been the subject of wild speculation by many. But there will come a time when this knowledge will be expressed in solid mathematical theory.

Then people will realise that religion and science have been working towards the same outcome, and the prophets possessed knowledge that science presently does not.

Humanity will learn that its role is to bring about a more complete state of reality, since crude matter is unable to do this on its own.

But until then, religion and science will continue fighting like cats and dogs, because cats and dogs know no better.
  10. Nov 22, 2003 #9
    Personally, I don't really think where we are heading for we are heading in all directions at once, I prefer to think where we will be. It seems like its the same question but it isn't :S I dunno how to explain...:S
  11. Nov 22, 2003 #10
    i think a direction humans are reaching in thier individual and collective intelligence to reach a higher plane of actual existance and exploration of new sciences, thought, and life is a total transformation of timing sensibility on all levels of the psyche adept

the core of study and application of this new timing sensibility has begun with what has been organized as a global 'calendar' change

shifting the idea of living life according to a timing frequency is raising the bar on existential operations on earth- on every level-

if you might feel to consider exploring how further evolution may be eluding humans, check out the thoughts on my other post- social science of time- and the links there

12. Nov 24, 2003 #11
    I always thought we would have enough sense to adapt to our environment. equalize the pollution and the population to where it is sustainable for our race to continue living here on earth. I don't see why we can't still. Rather the idea of sucking up our earth envioronment with technology and pollution, we need to see that now that we have the intelligence of the future we will start to use it at hand to balance our earth out.
    computors=less paper work= less trees cut down=more oxygen=heathier organisms
    solar power or electric cars=less pollution=healthier organisms
    birth control or condoms =less babies=less of a population.
    Balancing is the game to making our world heathy.
  13. Nov 25, 2003 #12

Gold Member

what you say is right, but look around, do you see any
    action? money is all the majority think about.
    if steps are not taken soon can you imagin what
    conditions will be like in 100YRs
    electric cars still have to be charged, where does
    all that electrical power come from?
    how many contries have a birth control policy?
    did you know that a right to pollute can be bought?
    humanity has only one enemy homosapians.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?