Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A new member looks for friends

1. Aug 12, 2013 #1
    I'm a new member, and i want to make friends because i don't have friends here

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 12, 2013 #2

turbo

Gold Member

What are your interests and your background? There are lots of very nice members on PF and you can hook up with others with like interests. good luck.

BTW, I am over 60 and have not had any academic experience in over 40 years, so if you are a current student, I won't be much help to you unless you are interested in rock and blues music. Along with buying and selling amplifiers and guitars, performing music for parties got me through college with no loans. I worked full-time every summer and scrimped on everything, so it wasn't that tough to get through university with no debt and still have pocket money to hit the bars a bit during happy-hours. The way people complain about college costs these days, I don't know if my plan could possibly work.

4. Aug 12, 2013 #3

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

People here are friendly, but this is a science forum, not a social network. If friends are what you are after, you'll do better on other forums.

5. Aug 12, 2013 #4

i knew that's a scientific forum, and i didn't say that's a social forum, but i need to make friends for discussing about physics and its theories

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2013
  6. Aug 15, 2013 #5

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Just participate in discussions, you'll make friends in the process.

7. Aug 31, 2013 #6

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

PF to make friends?? You will get over that in a hurry.

8. Sep 2, 2013 #7

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

:tongue:

9. Sep 2, 2013 #8

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

We can be evil, too, in between solving your differential equations!!
    Me in particular. :devil:

10. Sep 4, 2013 #9
    A good way to make friends here is to get involved with discussions provided you've told us your favourite fish. It's a really important step to take after registering :biggrin:

11. Sep 4, 2013 #10
    I think that phinds etal. have already scared him off from the forum. :frown:
    That too before we could fish slap him.

12. Sep 4, 2013 #11

jhae2.718

Gold Member

This is what PF Chat is for.

13. Sep 11, 2013 #12
    lol... whats all this talk about favourite fish and slapping people with fish? :eek:

14. Apr 27, 2014 #13

But then at least you know you have similar interests and it's legit.

15. Apr 27, 2014 #14

Physics_UG

Gold Member

yes, tuition prices are absurd now. The tuition at my alma mater is now over 1K/credit hour.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook