Welcome to the Engineers Forum! Share Knowledge & Experiences Here

In summary, the engineer from Iraq wants to be friends with the people on this forum and is looking for advice on a graduation project. He recommends looking through AGMA's publications and finding anything you need for free.
mech.eng.
Hi everyone

this is a fantastic forum ,I have browsed through the threads and found it fantastic to
such a community for engineers to share knowledge ,experience and advice. It will boost
the mutual interests of members ,so consequently I registered today and I would like
you to accept me as a friend.
I'm a mechanical engineer from Iraq ,mechanics is my ultimate passion specially when it
comes for designing machines ,and all kinds of vehicles .This is my last undergraduate
year and I'm supposed to graduate in a few months ,after gud bless .

I have a graduation project which is about gears and I'm conducting most of the work
via Ansys 5.4 software by which I'm trying to draw a gear ,assign a load on one of it's
teeth and get a graph which illustrates the regions of stress concentration,so if anyone
has a tutorial articles or program concerning this particular subject and can help I would
be very grateful.

Engineering news on Phys.org
The majority of papers I have seen on the topic are not available for free. Usually you have to purchase them from organizations like AGMA. I would suggest looking through their publications. You will find pretty much anything you are ever going to need.

For starters:
http://courses.washington.edu/mengr356/daly/Gear_stress.pdf

Here are a couple of links, but they're not entirely helpful for what you're doing.

http://www.public.asu.edu/~smurshed/academic/publications/4thimec.pdf
http://www.mech.uwa.edu.au/DANotes/gears/failure/failure.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you FredGarvin the links you've listed are truly beneficial ,It will do me good on
the theoritical part of my project.but I still need apply these theories on a computer software i.e. (ansys 5.40) and I need some tutorials to help me deal with that programs
specially the method of drawing gear's teeth.thank you very much again and I appreciate that significant help.

Here are a couple of tutorials referencing Pro-E for doing involute gear forms. While it is not ANSYS, you should be able to glean a lot of how to information from them.

EDIT: Crud. One of my pdf files is above the limit for file size. Let me see if I can reduce its size.

Attachments

• ProE Gears2.pdf
    57.9 KB · Views: 877
Last edited:
thank you very much FredGarvin ,I'm very content of this pdf file .

1. What is the Engineers Forum?

The Engineers Forum is an online platform that allows engineers to connect, share knowledge, and exchange experiences with one another. It serves as a community where engineers can collaborate and learn from each other.

2. How can I join the Engineers Forum?

To join the Engineers Forum, simply go to the website and click on the "Sign Up" button. You will be asked to provide some basic information and create a username and password. Once you have completed the registration process, you will have access to the forum and can start participating in discussions.

3. What type of knowledge and experiences can I share on the forum?

The Engineers Forum is open to all types of knowledge and experiences related to engineering. This can include technical knowledge, project management experiences, career advice, and more. The goal is to create a diverse and informative community where engineers can learn from each other.

4. Are there any rules or guidelines for participating in the forum?

Yes, there are some rules and guidelines that all members must follow when participating in the Engineers Forum. These include being respectful and professional towards others, avoiding spam or self-promotion, and refraining from sharing confidential or proprietary information. The full list of rules can be found in the forum's terms and conditions.

5. Can I ask for help or advice on the Engineers Forum?

Yes, one of the main purposes of the Engineers Forum is to provide a platform for engineers to seek help and advice from their peers. You can post your questions or concerns in the appropriate categories and other members can provide their insights and suggestions. However, keep in mind that the forum is not a substitute for professional advice, so always use your own discretion when making decisions.