Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A New Naturalist Philosophy On the Rise

1. Dec 22, 2003 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 22, 2003 #2

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

4. Dec 22, 2003 #3
    That's.... stupid.

5. Dec 23, 2003 #4
    The use of the word "Bright" has been discussed to death on the JREF boards...

While my pattern of thinking is a definition of a "Bright", I wont be adopting the title. Too elitist in my opinion, I'm happy being an Evil Atheist...

6. Dec 23, 2003 #5

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

Me too! :smile:

7. Dec 26, 2003 #6
    I am an evil atheist too!

However...

The idea of a god may be lunacy but it is not impossible. Whether I am evil or not is unknown as I we all strive to gain pleasure and evade pain, therefore all action are evil and good or neither. So we can assume that the definitions for good and evil are not abstract enough to be considerred viable for usage.

Therefore,

I am an agnostic-atheist. Though nothing is for certain, even this statement. So I may not be, though due to the lack of evidence to suggest otherwise, other than the fact that people can lie and I may being here and amongst other relevant scenarios, to believe otherwise is lunacy.

:smile:

8. Dec 26, 2003 #7
    other than the fact that I may be lying and possible other relevant scenarios**

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?