1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A New Perspective on Dimension and Symmetry

1. Oct 25, 2011 #1
    This video clip will give us a whole new perspective on our ideas of dimension and symmetry as it demonstrates the significance of both an "observed object" and "its context." It starts with a simple question which is "how do we recognize the existence of that dot?” Besides the factors of a dot and its perceptual process, there's one more factor. That is the area surrounding our dot.

For instance, a black dot cannot be visible with the surrounding area in black. That is, in order for a black dot to be visible, it needs to be surrounded by any other color but black.

With this new perspective, the clip develops a pattern into a diagram called "Dimension Development Diagram."

244786.gif

244792.gif

To view this video clip, go to http://scimath.org/index.php/clipcontest/viewvideo/119/dimension-a-symmetry [Broken]. Note that the soundtrack is in Thai but English subtitle is provided.

I'd appreciated if you can give me your comments and feedback. My e-mail is nonzeroworld@hotmail.com.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted