Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A New Perspective on Dimension and Symmetry

1. Oct 25, 2011 #1
    This video clip will give us a whole new perspective on our ideas of dimension and symmetry as it demonstrates the significance of both an "observed object" and "its context." It starts with a simple question which is "how do we recognize the existence of that dot?” Besides the factors of a dot and its perceptual process, there's one more factor. That is the area surrounding our dot.

For instance, a black dot cannot be visible with the surrounding area in black. That is, in order for a black dot to be visible, it needs to be surrounded by any other color but black.

With this new perspective, the clip develops a pattern into a diagram called "Dimension Development Diagram."

244786.gif

244792.gif

To view this video clip, go to http://scimath.org/index.php/clipcontest/viewvideo/119/dimension-a-symmetry [Broken]. Note that the soundtrack is in Thai but English subtitle is provided.

I'd appreciated if you can give me your comments and feedback. My e-mail is nonzeroworld@hotmail.com.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted