Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A number

1. Jul 16, 2004 #1
    A number !!

I am going to read 10 books in a certain period of time. The number of pages of the books varies between 40 and 1000 pages.
    I need to finish them in almost the same time, so I must read each book with a certain rate.
    What I need is a number to indicate the priority of each book. Can statistics provide a formula to find this number ? :rolleyes:
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 17, 2004 #2
    The priority of each book is decided by you, not stats
  4. Jul 17, 2004 #3
    No ,no ,.....
    I meant, can stat provide me with a number that indicates which one of the books I must read at the moment to finish all the books at a (nearly) certain time ?
    In other word ,...
    Forget it.
    Stat had better stay at the books and the exams, not in the real life situations.
  5. Jul 17, 2004 #4
    I just wanted stat to help me with this decision. :biggrin:
  6. Aug 5, 2004 #5
    i cant think of anything off the top of my head. i dont know if anyone else can either. but if i were in your situation, i would start with the smallest book and work my way to the largest. so that way if i were behind my schedule then i would have read 9 books instead of reading 900 pages of the largest one.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?