1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A number

1. Jul 16, 2004 #1
    A number !!

I am going to read 10 books in a certain period of time. The number of pages of the books varies between 40 and 1000 pages.
    I need to finish them in almost the same time, so I must read each book with a certain rate.
    What I need is a number to indicate the priority of each book. Can statistics provide a formula to find this number ? :rolleyes:

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 17, 2004 #2
    The priority of each book is decided by you, not stats

4. Jul 17, 2004 #3
    No ,no ,.....
    I meant, can stat provide me with a number that indicates which one of the books I must read at the moment to finish all the books at a (nearly) certain time ?
    In other word ,...
    Forget it.
    Stat had better stay at the books and the exams, not in the real life situations.

5. Jul 17, 2004 #4
    I just wanted stat to help me with this decision. :biggrin:

6. Aug 5, 2004 #5
    i cant think of anything off the top of my head. i dont know if anyone else can either. but if i were in your situation, i would start with the smallest book and work my way to the largest. so that way if i were behind my schedule then i would have read 9 books instead of reading 900 pages of the largest one.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?