A paper overthrows the General Relativity

In summary, the conversation revolves around a paper written by Wing-Sin YU that aims to solve the problems left by the General Theory of Relativity and overthrows its concepts. The paper is still being reviewed by a journal and YU hopes to receive feedback. The conversation also includes a discussion about the paper's arguments, the validity of its claims, and suggestions for suitable journals to publish it in. Some participants in the conversation express doubt and skepticism towards the paper's content and its author's background in physics.
yu_wing_sin
Everyone,

I wrote a paper for solving the problems remained by the General relativity. It also overthrows the General theory of Relativity's concepts. This paper is still reviewing by a journal. I hope you can give views to my paper.

My website is: http://98.to/pau [Broken]

My paper is in this link:
http://www2.hkedcity.net/citizen_files/aa/oy/yj2004/public_html/advanced_gravity_theory.pdf [Broken]

My paper's Author Cover Letter:
http://www2.hkedcity.net/citizen_files/aa/oy/yj2004/public_html/author_cover_letter.pdf [Broken]

Thanks very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hahaha, that is hillarious!

"Advanced gravity theory v.2005.05.29
Offering solutions for the problems be remained by General theory of relativity
Wing-Sin YU (Personal website: 98.to/pau)
Department: Physical Advanced Union (website: 98.to/pau)"

Holy cow, I'm sorry they moved this to TD, cause this is one that should be seen by everyone.

Consider writing this paper in your native language. That way atleast people can understand you before they laugh at you.
I think drawing spacetime needs a bit more graphical power than MSpaint can provide.

Your paper's form of argument is basically as follow, and I quote,
I deny the existence of
worm holes and white holes, they are impossible. Also, this smoothes and solves the problem of unpredicted
conditions of worm holes and white holes.

Do you realize that you are not proving anything? You are not making any claims. Your intro claims to explain these phenomenon that modern science can't, however all you are doing is just saying "they don't exist, problem solved." Imagine that.

Now note, I haven't taken any advanced physics courses, but I can explain your doubts in Section 3;

A. If singularity is no volume, it should be no mass, because it is not existent (zero volume). Singularity
disappeared can black holes own gravity? If Black holes is disappeared, can it has own mass?

The singularity doesn't have no volume, it has infinitely small volume, but a volume nonetheless.

B. A matter of no volume, the definition is non-existence, so singularity does not occupy any space, then
matter can not meet (or bump) the existence of singularity. How does singularity annex matters?
Matter doesn't bump into black holes, it gets sucked into them. Again, it doesn't have "no volume".

C. Some people may ask, singularity may be a space of point. If singularity is a space of point, it should not contain mass, because space is no matter and mass.
The singularity has mass in it, as it implodes it draws in all the mass that it held, at infinitely high densities. Space itself doesn't have mass (as far as I know) but mass exists in space.

Have you had a formal physics education?
If so, I highly suggest taking courses like Physics 101-799.
If not, do you really think you will debunk 50 years of physics without one?

Last edited:
Whozum, your physics discussion is well-stated, but you have no reason to talk about the man's educational background, unless it is in a kind manner. Say "I highly suggest taking a course like this one, or reading this book" rather than "ask your educators to quit, or stop talking about physics".

yu_wing_sin said:
Everyone,

I wrote a paper for solving the problems remained by the General relativity. It also overthrows the General theory of Relativity's concepts. This paper is still reviewing by a journal. I hope you can give views to my paper.

http://www2.hkedcity.net/citizen_files/aa/oy/yj2004/public_html/advanced_gravity_theory.pdf [Broken]

http://www2.hkedcity.net/citizen_files/aa/oy/yj2004/public_html/author_cover_letter.pdf [Broken]

Thanks very much.

I agree with some of your objections to the more exotic properties of GR. However it is far from enough. We have to construct an experiment and calculate results that if confirmed, will falsify one of GR's predictions such as dark matter and black holes with infinite density.

Any successor to BBT will, among other things, need to explain:

1) The CMBR, and why it has a perfect black body spectrum
2) Primordial elememental abundance
3) Supernovae Ia observations
4) Large scale structure

Good luck...

whozum said:
The singularity doesn't have no volume, it has infinitely small volume, but a volume nonetheless.

It has zero volume.

yu_wing_sin said:
Everyone,

Thanks very much.

What journal is reviewing it?

Thanks for your opinion. But I think I should consider to accept that what opinion is reasonable.

This paper is suffering difficulties in publication. Could you suggest some suitable journals for my paper?

Pengwuino said:
What journal is reviewing it?

Base on the secue reason, sorry, I can't tell you now...

KingNothing said:
Whozum, your physics discussion is well-stated, but you have no reason to talk about the man's educational background, unless it is in a kind manner. Say "I highly suggest taking a course like this one, or reading this book" rather than "ask your educators to quit, or stop talking about physics".

This voice is familiar...
I admit my paper is rejected by some editors, and some editors used strong attitude to reject my paper.

I have had preparation to abandon to publish my paper, if it still hasn't any dawn.

That is because essentially there's no science in it.

KingNothing said:

Whozum didn't say anything about the man's educational background! You may have misinterpreted his statement that he (whozum) hadn't taken any advanced physics courses.

yu_wing_sin said:
This paper is suffering difficulties in publication. Could you suggest some suitable journals for my paper?
Difficulties in publication? After a brief scan of your paper, I can say (and I'm certain most here will agree) you have absolutely no chance of getting this published in a proper science journal. As James Jackson said, there is NO science in it!

You can have an opinion, and you can make a speculation, but that does not make it a theory. YOur opinions and speculations simply prove to everyone here that you do not understand the theories of Special OR general relativity. A speculation should have (at least) a proper mathematical reason to dispute the claims of SR/GR.

Your speculation has no math at all; the only support you provide are very crude digrams and cute sayings like "I can go freedon." THis is NOT science.

Please, do go ahead and publish this, but you'll have to pay for it yourself. When it gets published, pass it around to your friends, stand on the street corner and give it to strangers. This is what true freedom means: "Anyone is allowed to say anything!" Congratulations!

Good bye.

Last edited:
Hahahaha...

Evidences are just the realization.
If anyone does experiments to prove that it is right or it cannot succeed, then it is just better than arguments.

Holy cow.

1. What is the significance of a paper that claims to overthrow the General Relativity theory?

A paper that claims to overthrow the General Relativity theory is significant because it challenges one of the fundamental theories of modern physics. The General Relativity theory, proposed by Albert Einstein, has been extensively tested and confirmed, so any paper that claims to disprove it would have major implications for our understanding of the universe.

2. How does this paper differ from previous attempts to disprove General Relativity?

This paper may differ from previous attempts to disprove General Relativity in its methodology, data, or conclusions. It is important to carefully examine the evidence and arguments presented in the paper to determine how it differs from previous attempts.

3. What evidence does the paper present to support its claim?

The paper should present clear and verifiable evidence to support its claim. This could include experimental data, mathematical equations, or other scientific evidence. It is important to critically evaluate the evidence presented and consider alternative explanations.

4. What are the potential implications if the General Relativity theory is overthrown?

If the General Relativity theory is overthrown, it would have far-reaching implications for our understanding of the universe. It would require a major revision of current models of gravity and would likely open up new avenues for scientific exploration and discovery.

5. How will the scientific community respond to this paper?

The response of the scientific community to this paper will depend on the strength of its evidence and arguments. If the paper presents compelling evidence and a well-supported argument, it may spark further research and discussion. However, if the paper is found to be flawed or lacking in evidence, it may not be taken seriously by the scientific community.