A perk for members

DaveC426913

Gold Member
I just thought of a very practical perk for PF members in good-standing. Not sure if it would apply to Gold (paying) members or recognized contributors, or whatever group makes sense to you.

It would be very helpful if my image attachments were automatically approved, rather than having to wait for mentor approval.

Borek

Mentor
Paying members is not a good idea, someone may be ready to sacrifice $15 just to post picture of his crotch. Recognized contributors have a long history of being "normal" (whatever that means) so in their case that would be logical.

Paying members is not a good idea, someone may be ready to sacrifice $15 just to post picture of his crotch. Recognized contributors have a long history of being "normal" (whatever that means) so in their case that would be logical.
Right. Maybe length of membership would be a better metric.

Here ya' go Greg...I got you covered. Just drop this snip of code in somewhere; I'm sure it will work.

Code:
Int Main ()
If {Date - JoinDate > 365/2 }Then Autoapprove
Else: Poop in Shoe
End If
Return 0;
:biggrin:

DaveC426913

Gold Member
Hm. I'm beginning to see the trouble with this idea. How do you assign computer rules that determine someone is a member in-good-standing? Both money and length of membership can be abused.

Though the 'recognized contributor' label is, by definition, someone who has been manually vetted.

Dave we dropped the attachment moderation in many forums a few months ago. Where are you still experiencing it?

Pythagorean

excitation
Gold Member
Hm. I'm beginning to see the trouble with this idea. How do you assign computer rules that determine someone is a member in-good-standing? Both money and length of membership can be abused.

Though the 'recognized contributor' label is, by definition, someone who has been manually vetted.
It could be a perk of being a homework helper, science advisor, or science/tech guru.

Borek

Mentor
It could be a perk of being a homework helper, science advisor, or science/tech guru.
That's what I understand by "recognized contributor".

Evo

Mentor
I haven't found any attachments pending approval since you made the change Greg.

Monique

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Of course the Best Humor award would not qualify for that perk :tongue:

DaveC426913

Gold Member

The Physics Forums Way

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic