Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A perk for members

1. Dec 17, 2009 #1

DaveC426913

Gold Member

I just thought of a very practical perk for PF members in good-standing. Not sure if it would apply to Gold (paying) members or recognized contributors, or whatever group makes sense to you.

It would be very helpful if my image attachments were automatically approved, rather than having to wait for mentor approval.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 17, 2009 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Paying members is not a good idea, someone may be ready to sacrifice $15 just to post picture of his crotch. Recognized contributors have a long history of being "normal" (whatever that means) so in their case that would be logical.

4. Dec 17, 2009 #3
    Right. Maybe length of membership would be a better metric.

Here ya' go Greg...I got you covered. Just drop this snip of code in somewhere; I'm sure it will work.

Code (Text):

Int Main ()
    If {Date - JoinDate > 365/2 }Then Autoapprove
    Else: Poop in Shoe
    End If
    Return 0;

:biggrin:

5. Dec 17, 2009 #4

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Hm. I'm beginning to see the trouble with this idea. How do you assign computer rules that determine someone is a member in-good-standing? Both money and length of membership can be abused.

Though the 'recognized contributor' label is, by definition, someone who has been manually vetted.

6. Dec 17, 2009 #5
    Dave we dropped the attachment moderation in many forums a few months ago. Where are you still experiencing it?

7. Dec 17, 2009 #6

Pythagorean

Gold Member

It could be a perk of being a homework helper, science advisor, or science/tech guru.

8. Dec 17, 2009 #7

Borek

That's what I understand by "recognized contributor".

9. Dec 17, 2009 #8

Evo

I haven't found any attachments pending approval since you made the change Greg.

10. Dec 17, 2009 #9

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Of course the Best Humor award would not qualify for that perk :tongue:

11. Dec 17, 2009 #10

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Oh.

Well. Never mind then. :blushing:

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook