Membership Perk: Automatic Approval of Image Attachments

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
In summary: That's what I understand by "recognized contributor".I haven't found any attachments pending approval since you made the change Greg.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
I just thought of a very practical perk for PF members in good-standing. Not sure if it would apply to Gold (paying) members or recognized contributors, or whatever group makes sense to you.

It would be very helpful if my image attachments were automatically approved, rather than having to wait for mentor approval.

Physics news on Phys.org
Paying members is not a good idea, someone may be ready to sacrifice $15 just to post picture of his crotch. Recognized contributors have a long history of being "normal" (whatever that means) so in their case that would be logical.

Borek said:
Paying members is not a good idea, someone may be ready to sacrifice $15 just to post picture of his crotch. Recognized contributors have a long history of being "normal" (whatever that means) so in their case that would be logical.

Right. Maybe length of membership would be a better metric.

Here ya' go Greg...I got you covered. Just drop this snip of code in somewhere; I'm sure it will work.

Code:
Int Main ()
If {Date - JoinDate > 365/2 }Then Autoapprove
Else: Poop in Shoe
End If
Return 0;

:biggrin:

Hm. I'm beginning to see the trouble with this idea. How do you assign computer rules that determine someone is a member in-good-standing? Both money and length of membership can be abused.

Though the 'recognized contributor' label is, by definition, someone who has been manually vetted.

Dave we dropped the attachment moderation in many forums a few months ago. Where are you still experiencing it?

DaveC426913 said:
Hm. I'm beginning to see the trouble with this idea. How do you assign computer rules that determine someone is a member in-good-standing? Both money and length of membership can be abused.

Though the 'recognized contributor' label is, by definition, someone who has been manually vetted.

It could be a perk of being a homework helper, science advisor, or science/tech guru.

Pythagorean said:
It could be a perk of being a homework helper, science advisor, or science/tech guru.

That's what I understand by "recognized contributor".

I haven't found any attachments pending approval since you made the change Greg.

Pythagorean said:
Of course the Best Humor award would not qualify for that perk :tongue:

Greg Bernhardt said:
Dave we dropped the attachment moderation in many forums a few months ago. Where are you still experiencing it?
Oh.

Well. Never mind then. :blushing:

1. What is "Membership Perk: Automatic Approval of Image Attachments"?

"Membership Perk: Automatic Approval of Image Attachments" is a feature that allows members of a certain group or organization to have their image attachments automatically approved without having to go through a review process.

2. How does this membership perk benefit scientists?

This membership perk benefits scientists by saving them time and effort in having to wait for their image attachments to be approved. It allows them to quickly and easily share their research findings with their colleagues and peers.

3. Are there any limitations to this membership perk?

Yes, there may be limitations to this membership perk depending on the specific group or organization. For example, there may be a limit on the file size or type of image attachments that can be automatically approved.

4. Can scientists still have their image attachments reviewed if they choose?

Yes, scientists can still opt to have their image attachments reviewed if they wish to ensure the accuracy and credibility of their research. The automatic approval feature is simply an added convenience for those who are confident in the quality of their images.

5. Is this membership perk available to all scientists?

No, this membership perk may only be available to scientists who are members of a specific group or organization that offers this feature. It is important to check with the group or organization to see if this perk is available to you.