A picture

• Thread starter brewnog
  • Start date
brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Main Question or Discussion Point

Saw a lovely view today and couldn't resist parking up to snap it. It's a pair of abandoned cooling towers. The power station was demolished years ago, but they can't blow up the towers because the M1 runs right next to them, as you can see.

http://personalpages.umist.ac.uk/student/E.Smith-2/small%20cooling.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

wolram
Gold Member
Aww, Brewy you are such a romantic, may be they will turn them into flats. :rofl:

brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
wolram said:
Aww, Brewy you are such a romantic, may be they will turn them into flats. :rofl:

I had a dream a few years ago that I lived in one of them. If you look carefully, you'll see that they have different patterns cut into them near the top. In my dream, I lived in the diamond-pattern one, and my friend Natalie lived in the rectangle-pattern one. We were standing on their roofs (yes, they had roofs in my dream!) and throwing giant potatoes to each other.

wolram
Gold Member
brewnog said:
I had a dream a few years ago that I lived in one of them. If you look carefully, you'll see that they have different patterns cut into them near the top. In my dream, I lived in the diamond-pattern one, and my friend Natalie lived in the rectangle-pattern one. We were standing on their roofs (yes, they had roofs in my dream!) and throwing giant potatoes to each other.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mk
brewnog said:
Sounds fun! Did anybody hit each other?

honestrosewater
Gold Member
Mk said:
Sounds fun! Did anybody hit each other?
If potatoes hurt as much as grapefruits, I hope not. :uhh: