A poem that my substitute english teacher made me write

In summary, the speaker is a Minecrafter who wants a pet anaconda and is curious about the future of human evolution. They mention hearing the stars and seeing Jupiter, and express a desire to know all the peculiarities of the world. They also pretend to be a pirate king with their brother and have a jet powered ship. They worry about the universe and the Holocaust, and understand the frustration of not knowing everything. They believe that anything is possible and dream of living on the moon, while constantly seeking knowledge and hoping for a more equal society.
101Tesseract101
I AM
I am a Minecrafter that wants a pet anaconda.
I wonder how we, humans, will evolve, in the future.
I hear the stars talking, ever so quietly through the night.
I see Jupiter playing jump rope.
I want to know all the peculiarities that exist.

I pretend that my brother and I are pirate kings.
I feel my jet powered ship ricocheting of mountainous cliffs.
I touch the feathers of my pet parrot as he shouts,"Land ho!"
I worry that the universe is trapped in a tesseract that will bring us back to the beginning of time when the world ends.
I cry for all the lost Holocaust souls that died without anyone caring.

I understand the frustration of not knowing everything.
I say that nothing is impossible, that everything is real that you can possibly think up, but was just real long ago.
I dream of living on the moon.
I try to learn the unknown.
I hope that the rich will equalize themselves with the poor.

Likes Sophia
Science news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF! Not bad at all! It rarely hurts to try new things. :woot:

1. What is the purpose of "A poem that my substitute english teacher made me write"?

The purpose of this poem is to fulfill a writing assignment given by the substitute English teacher. It may also serve as a way for the student to practice their writing skills and explore their creativity.

2. Who is the intended audience for this poem?

The intended audience for this poem is the substitute English teacher who assigned it. However, it could also be shared with classmates or other teachers who may be interested in reading it.

3. What is the structure or format of the poem?

The structure of this poem may vary depending on the instructions given by the substitute English teacher. It could be a specific form, such as a sonnet or haiku, or it could be freeform. The format may also include specific requirements for line length, rhyme scheme, or meter.

4. Can the student choose the topic for the poem?

It ultimately depends on the instructions given by the substitute English teacher. Some teachers may give a specific topic or theme to write about, while others may allow the student to choose their own topic. It is important for the student to follow the given instructions to ensure they meet the requirements of the assignment.

5. How long does the student have to write the poem?

The time given to write the poem may vary depending on the class period and the instructions given by the substitute English teacher. It is important for the student to manage their time effectively and start working on the poem as soon as possible to ensure they have enough time to complete it and make any necessary revisions.