Stuck on Questions 8 & 9? Get Help Here!

• Thread starter Max CR
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stuck
In summary: In this case, the increasing field is coming from the south pole of the magnet. So the answer to number 8 would be C for the letter C.
Max CR

Homework Statement

001-3.jpg

002.jpg

I need help with question number 8 and 9. I have no idea where to start.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org

8) Point your right hand finger tips in the direction of the velocity of positive charge, bend the fingers in the direction of the field the thumb indicate the direction of the force.
9) Curl your right hand fingers. point your thumb in the direction of increasing field, then the direction of the finger tips indicates the direction of the current.

Is 8 letter C which is +Y? Also, for 9, I am not sure what you are talking about. Can you be more specific?

rl.bhat, for number 9 you are mistaken. What you said would be correct if we weren't dealing with the magnetic field "inducing" a current in the loop.

The answer would be B for #9. Since the magnetic field B is increasing into the page, the magnetic flux is changing through the loop. A changing magnetic flux induces a current in the loop that produces a magnetic field because current flow causes a magnetic field. This induced magnetic field wishes to resist the changing magnetic flux. Thus, the current will flow such that it causes a magnetic field to resist the increasing magnetic field. In this case, the induced magnetic field is pointing out of the page, to resist the field that is into the page, and current flows counterclockwise.

Ok thank you. I will review this tomorrow. Whjat was the answer to number 8?

karpediem said:
rl.bhat, for number 9 you are mistaken. What you said would be correct if we weren't dealing with the magnetic field "inducing" a current in the loop.

Yes. My wording was wrong. It should have been "the direction of the induced increasing field".
Again we have specify what is increasing field? Whether north pole is approaching or south pole?

The answer to number 8 was C.

Increasing field means that the field is increasing in strength.

1. How can I get help with questions 8 and 9?

There are several ways to get help with questions 8 and 9. You can reach out to your teacher or classmates for assistance, utilize online resources such as forums or study groups, or seek help from a tutor or academic support center.

2. What should I do if I am stuck on questions 8 and 9?

If you find yourself stuck on questions 8 and 9, the first thing to do is to take a break and come back to the questions with a fresh perspective. If you are still struggling, try breaking down the questions into smaller parts and tackling them one at a time. You can also consult your textbook or notes for relevant information.

3. How can I improve my understanding of questions 8 and 9?

To improve your understanding of questions 8 and 9, it is important to review the relevant concepts and material covered in class. You can also try practicing similar problems or seeking additional resources such as online tutorials or study guides.

4. What are the common mistakes students make on questions 8 and 9?

Some common mistakes students make on questions 8 and 9 include not reading the question carefully, not showing all the necessary work or steps, and not checking their answers for accuracy. It is important to take your time and double-check your work to avoid these mistakes.

5. Can I use outside sources to help me with questions 8 and 9?

While it is perfectly fine to seek help and guidance from outside sources, it is important to make sure that you understand the concepts and are able to solve the questions on your own. Using outside sources should be seen as a supplement to your own learning and not a replacement for it.