A Practical Joke That Went Very, Very Wrong

• Thread starter Gabrielle
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Practical
In summary, a friend of mine's fiance was sporting enough to hire the stripper for her husband-to-be's bachelor party. Pretty funny ... except to the guys lucky enough to get one of those long french kisses in return for the dollar they stuffed in her/his panties.
Gabrielle
Has anyone ever played a practical joke on someone and the results didn't quite turn out like you planned? Well, many years ago this happened to me. When I was married in the 80's, I decided to play a seemingly harmless prank on my husband. It was on a Saturday and there was a movie playing in town that my husband wanted to see but it wasn't one I was really interested in so I decided to go to the laundromat instead. All of a sudden, an uncontrollable urge came over me to play a little joke. After my husband had gone into the movie theatre, I got the idea to move his car in the parking lot. There is a restaurant adjacent to the theatre in the same parking lot so I moved his car down on the other end. It was in the evening. Later on it suddenly occurred to me that he might not even try to look for it if he didn't have any doubt in his mind where he had parked the car. This was weighing very heavily on my mind and I thought that he might even call the police to report that his car had been stolen. I thought he would look the parking lot over very thoroughly before calling the police. I drove back there and was parked in the vicinity of where I had parked his car. I didn't see any blue lights but all of a sudden, I saw a police cruiser with two officers in the front and my poor husband sitting in the back seat of the police car with a bewildered look on his face and they were just about to leave to give him a ride home when my husband spotted his car. I caused him a great deal of embarrassment of course. My husband said that he knew what I'd been up to the minute he got into his car. The seat had been pushed forward as my ex-husband is a tall man and I'm only 5' 4" and he was very understandably angry and upset with me. I never tried anything like that again. Well, you can imagine my horror when I saw the police car. I was in the doghouse for a while after that and I can't say that I blame him. Even Lucille Ball couldn't come up with something like this. We were divorced years later but this incident didn't have anything to do with it. In fact, he was able to laugh about it later.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Not personally.

But a friend of mine's fiance was sporting enough to hire the stripper for her husband-to-be's bachelor party. She hired a female impersonator - a detail the impersonator didn't reveal until just before he left the party. Pretty funny ... except to the guys lucky enough to get one of those long french kisses in return for the dollar they stuffed in her/his panties.

He wasn't very happy with her (nor were quite a few of his buddies), but he must have gotten over it. They've been married for about 20 years, now.

Once, I spent the night at one of my friends houses with another person. this other person went to sleep early, and we knew from experience, that he wasn't a light sleeper. so we took som permanent marker and decided to give him some "tatoos".

well, when he woke up in the morning, he didn't realize it was there. he went to the bathroom. when he came out, we weren't very prepared with a good excuse. So, then, we were talking to him about it when we brought up the idea of toothpaste in his hair. (I guess he hadn't noticed it before) that was it, we were grounded.

it took him 3 days to get a lot of the marker off, but there is still a spot on his arm with a little line left. he still gets mad everytime we bring it up

Gabrielle said:
Has anyone ever played a practical joke on someone and the results didn't quite turn out like you planned?

I once walked up behind a guy with a syringe that had about a four inch needle attached - Tsu used it to water her delicate house plants. :rolleyes:. I shot a stream of water at his neck, which was supposed to be a harmless prank, but, not knowing what I had in my hand, he reached back over his head and plunged his hand right into the needle! My heart about stopped. Then he turned around and started laughing! :confused: The needle had gone right between his fingers and he couldn't even feel it. He had absolutely no idea why I was as white as a sheet.

Ivan Seeking said:
I once walked up behind a guy with a syringe that had about a four inch needle attached - Tsu used it to water her delicate house plants.
Are you sure that Tsu just used water in that thing? Your friend hasn't exhibited any abnormal foliage since then, has he?

Danger said:
Are you sure that Tsu just used water in that thing? Your friend hasn't exhibited any abnormal foliage since then, has he?

:biggrin: Nope, just water. However...this was bad! One time while talking with one of my physics professors, I felt something odd in my jacket pocket. I reached in and pulled out a handful of spent hypodermic needles that were in fact used to vaccinate our goats and dogs. But he looked at me like I was satan. :devil: And he never trusted me after that.

Ivan Seeking said:
he looked at me like I was satan. :devil: And he never trusted me after that.
Please tell me that you made up some totally outrageous cover story just to see if he'd bite. (Like perhaps they were used for recombinant DNA experiments in aid of making a werewolf.)

Holy crap! That's the closest that I've ever gotten to a full-justified post. This site really could benefit from auto-hyphenation.

Danger said:
Please tell me that you made up some totally outrageous cover story just to see if he'd bite. (Like perhaps they were used for recombinant DNA experiments in aid of making a werewolf.)

Are you kidding? I about fell over... And the fact that I had completely forgotten about them left me virtually speechless. For a moment I couldn't imagine how they got there. Then I remembered that these were from the previous year [so this must have been in September or October] but by then his one eyebrow was firmly raised.

Ivan Seeking said:
And the fact that I had completely forgotten about them left me virtually speechless.
Trying to envision a speechless Ivan is like trying to imagine a virginal Moonbear.

Danger said:
Trying to envision a speechless Ivan is like trying to imagine a virginal Moonbear.

It's time to take the little pink pill, Danger. You are starting to act like Cliff Claven again.

Ivan Seeking said:
It's time to take the little pink pill, Danger. You are starting to act like Cliff Claven again.
It's the little white pill, and I've already taken it. (The big purple one with the smilie face is in the morning.) Is Cliff Claven the guy on 'Cheers'? :confused:

Danger said:
You know, I was once, a long time ago. :blushing:

Ivan, I can truly sympathize about the syringes. For years, I lived in fear of a cop finding a needle or syringe on the floor of my car during a traffic stop (I did drive more cautiously). I used to drive between the lab and the farm with the needles and syringes for my experiments, and then bringing the used ones back to the lab for disposal. That was all fine, because I was on campus the entire time, but a few times, the container of used syringes tipped over, spilling them all over my car (there was nothing hazardous, usually just estrogen or progesterone...heh heh, yeah, steroids)...they design sharps containers differently now so you can close them over without sealing them permanently, but at that time, if you were going to keep using the container, you couldn't close it. Every once in a while, I'd find a syringe somewhere under the seat when cleaning...they managed to scatter everywhere! There were a few other times I'd stick my hand in my jacket and find a few needles too...capped of course. I'd just dump everything into my jacket or coveralls pockets to walk into the pens, and didn't always get it all back out when done. So, yeah, I understand how that would happen.

Ivan Seeking said:
I once walked up behind a guy with a syringe that had about a four inch needle attached - Tsu used it to water her delicate house plants. :rolleyes:. I shot a stream of water at his neck, which was supposed to be a harmless prank, but, not knowing what I had in my hand, he reached back over his head and plunged his hand right into the needle! My heart about stopped. Then he turned around and started laughing! :confused: The needle had gone right between his fingers and he couldn't even feel it. He had absolutely no idea why I was as white as a sheet.

What if u got his neck man. He'll me spraying blood right back at ya.

Ivan Seeking said:
:biggrin: Nope, just water. However...this was bad! One time while talking with one of my physics professors, I felt something odd in my jacket pocket. I reached in and pulled out a handful of spent hypodermic needles that were in fact used to vaccinate our goats and dogs. But he looked at me like I was satan. :devil: And he never trusted me after that.
:rofl: "oh, these? They're for my goat"

moonbear, thanks for updating your signature to include franzbear's death (I just realized) You wouldn't have to if evo brought him back :mad:

Evo said:
:rofl: "oh, these? They're for my goat"

Yes, that was about how it went - like something out of a bad movie. And MB, I can only imagine trying to explain this to a cop. :redface:

1. What is "A Practical Joke That Went Very, Very Wrong" about?

"A Practical Joke That Went Very, Very Wrong" is a scenario where a prank or joke that was intended to be harmless or funny ends up causing unintended and often serious consequences.

2. What are some common examples of practical jokes gone wrong?

Some common examples of practical jokes gone wrong include fake bomb threats or hostage situations, fake robbery or break-in pranks, and physical pranks that result in injury or property damage.

3. Why do practical jokes sometimes have serious consequences?

Practical jokes can have serious consequences because they often involve deception, manipulation, and/or disregard for others' feelings and safety. In some cases, the prankster may underestimate the potential harm of their joke or not consider the potential consequences at all.

4. What should I do if a practical joke I played went wrong?

If a practical joke you played went wrong, it is important to take responsibility for your actions and apologize to anyone who was affected. Depending on the severity of the situation, you may also need to seek help or legal assistance to address any damages or harm caused.

5. How can I prevent a practical joke from going wrong?

The best way to prevent a practical joke from going wrong is to carefully consider the potential consequences and effects of the joke before playing it. It is also important to consider whether the joke may be offensive or harmful to any individuals or groups. If in doubt, it is best to err on the side of caution and avoid playing the joke altogether.