Can Wolfram Alpha Solve My Integral Problem for ln(x)/(1+x)^2?

• Thread starter rasi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integral
In summary, an integral is a mathematical concept used to find the total value of a function over a given interval by representing the area under a curve on a graph. The main purpose of solving an integral is to find the total value or quantity of a function, as well as to determine the rate of change and solve optimization problems. To solve an integral, integration techniques such as substitution, integration by parts, or partial fractions are used, along with knowledge of limits and properties of integrals. In real life, integrals have many applications, including calculating areas and volumes, finding averages, determining center of mass, and solving problems in physics and engineering. Indefinite integrals have no specified limits and represent a family of functions, while definite integr
rasi
in no way i couldn't tackle this problem. could you help me please. and i wonder is there any application/pc program which is solving limit derivative and integral. Like MathXpert. any help will be appriciated.
integral.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What is an integral?

An integral is a mathematical concept that represents the area under a curve on a graph. It is used to find the total value of a function over a given interval.

2. What is the purpose of solving a problem involving integrals?

The main purpose of solving a problem involving integrals is to find the total value or quantity of a function over a given interval. It is also used to find the rate of change of a function and to solve optimization problems.

3. How do you solve an integral?

To solve an integral, you need to use integration techniques such as substitution, integration by parts, or partial fractions. You also need to know the limits of integration and the properties of integrals.

4. What are the applications of integrals in real life?

Integrals have many applications in real life, including calculating areas and volumes, finding the average of a function, determining the center of mass of an object, and solving problems in physics and engineering.

5. What is the difference between indefinite and definite integrals?

An indefinite integral has no specified limits and represents a family of functions, while a definite integral has specific limits and represents a single value. Indefinite integrals are used to find the general antiderivative of a function, while definite integrals are used to find the exact value of a function over a given interval.