1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A proof for an area function

1. Jan 18, 2009 #1
    Every right triangular region is measurable because it can be obtained as the intersection of two recangles. Prove that every triangular region is measurable and that its area is one half the product of its base and altitude.

I put a triangular inside a recangle
    and let the triangular area: [tex]{a^2}\over
    {2}[/tex] and recangle area [tex]a^2[/tex]

Hi guys, I am recently studying at a pre-college school, and self-studying culculus, the book I am using is Apostol's.
    The difficulty I have is that I do not know if I've done the proof or not. Since I am a physics student, I am kinda good at proving something via concept rather than logic. How do I know if I do the proof right?

Also I am planning spend two days for finishing one charpter of the text book including doing all the problems, do you think whether if it is a good idea? Would you mind giving me some suggestions?

Thanks so much!
    Best wishes to you.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?