A question about Economics & Style

• Thread starter qwpoi
  • Start date
Hey all,

I'm not sure if this is the right section to post in, but here goes. I edit economics papers for an economics institute. I don't have a background in economics, and the papers are written by non-native English speakers, so a lot of the time there is confusion as to whether what I'm reading is jargon or just plain wrong.

1) Most of what I need I can find through searching the internet, but is there some sort of handbook for this, kind of like an AP Stylebook for economists?

2) Also, is there an economist-specific style, sort of like the Modern Language Association for English majors, in terms of in text citations, footnotes, endnotes, etc etc etc??

Thanks everyone!

I'm not new, but I haven't been around in a very long time, nor was I very prolific in the first place. Hello.

Answers and Replies

Ygggdrasil
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
For formatting papers in any field, I would look for guidelines from one of the major journals or professional societies in that field. For example, in my own field of (bio)chemistry, the American Chemical Society, which publishes several major chemistry journals, publishes its own style guide.