Resize Textbox in Form - Help Needed!

• Thread starter CodeMonkey
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forms
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with resizing a text box in a form while the application is running. The solution is to set the Anchor property of the text field, with an example provided for C# language. This allows the text box to resize accordingly with the form.
CodeMonkey
I searched Google and could not find a solution for this.

I have a form with a text box and I want to make it so that when I resize the form while the application is running the text box would get resized as well and be "relative" to the size of the form.

Any help please?

Technology news on Phys.org
Obviously this is Windows (not Xterm)? Less obviously - what language are you coding in?

CodeMonkey, I think what you want to do is set the Anchor property of your text field. This is a property of all Controls:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.control.anchor.aspx

Assuming this is C#, I think you want to say
yourtextbox.Anchor = (AnchorStyles.Top | AnchorStyles.Left | AnchorStyles.Right);

Coin, thanks, that worked. :-)

1. How do I resize a textbox in a form?

The easiest way to resize a textbox in a form is to click and drag the handles located on the edges or corners of the textbox. You can also right-click on the textbox and select "Size" from the options to manually enter specific dimensions.

2. Why can't I resize my textbox in the form?

If you are unable to resize your textbox, it could be due to restrictions set by the form creator or limitations of the programming language being used. Make sure that the textbox is not set to a fixed size and that the form allows for resizing.

3. How can I make my textbox automatically resize to fit the text?

To make a textbox automatically resize to fit the text, you can use JavaScript to dynamically adjust the size based on the length of the text. Alternatively, you can use CSS to set the textbox to have a flexible width or height, such as using the "max-width" or "max-height" properties.

4. Can I resize a textbox without changing the font size?

Yes, you can resize a textbox without changing the font size by adjusting the padding and/or margin properties. This will change the size of the textbox while keeping the text size the same.

5. How do I resize a textbox in a responsive form?

In a responsive form, the textbox will automatically adjust its size to fit the screen. However, if you want to manually resize the textbox, you can use CSS media queries to set different sizes for different screen sizes. You can also use a percentage or relative unit, such as "em" or "rem", for the textbox size to make it responsive.