Varsha: Please look up the definition of a "compound" in your chemistry text.
To others: Something being a combustion product does not mean the thing is immune to further combustion (eg: CO, aldehydes), and that's besides the point here. Furthermore, water is most certainly nothing like an ash. An ash is the uncombusted residue; water is a combustion product.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving