Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A question for firt post.

1. Apr 7, 2005 #1
    Hi,

As it is my first question, I'll keep it simple. It is the kernel of a fairly involved model.

Does anyone know of a model that involves matter changing scale? By this I mean each particle, not just the space between them.

I realize that this is just as radical as when someone suggested that space was expanding for the first time.

In the ongoing discussions about the validity of an eather, I feel that there may still be an argument for. An eather II if you like. It would then only take the flow of such a fabric into matter–to pay for the increasing sise–to overcome many difficulties of a unified theory.

Although this very mechanical model does not seem to instantly violate GR,, it quickly breaks down.

I would be interested in the opinions of folk who are up to date on new ideas.

Does the screen name fit? :shy:

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted