1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A question for firt post.

1. Apr 7, 2005 #1
    Hi,

As it is my first question, I'll keep it simple. It is the kernel of a fairly involved model.

Does anyone know of a model that involves matter changing scale? By this I mean each particle, not just the space between them.

I realize that this is just as radical as when someone suggested that space was expanding for the first time.

In the ongoing discussions about the validity of an eather, I feel that there may still be an argument for. An eather II if you like. It would then only take the flow of such a fabric into matter–to pay for the increasing sise–to overcome many difficulties of a unified theory.

Although this very mechanical model does not seem to instantly violate GR,, it quickly breaks down.

I would be interested in the opinions of folk who are up to date on new ideas.

Does the screen name fit? :shy:

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted