1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A question on engineering

1. Jan 9, 2006 #1
    Is there any kind of "explosives engineering" such as those people who implode buildings and such? Or if not is it a combination of several types of engineering? Just a thought.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 10, 2006 #2

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

I can't say for sure. A quick search on this kind of area doesn't reveal much information. I would venture a guess that there would be a distinct division in this area between the people who know building structures and determine where to plant explosives and those that work with the explosives. From an engineer's standpoint, I would think that a civil engineer who concentrates on buildings and structures would be the most appropriate for the first.

4. Jan 10, 2006 #3

DaveC426913

Gold Member

"demolitons" is the word you want to Google - say, combined with Civil or Engineering.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?