Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A question on engineering

  1. Jan 9, 2006 #1
    Is there any kind of "explosives engineering" such as those people who implode buildings and such? Or if not is it a combination of several types of engineering? Just a thought.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 10, 2006 #2


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor

    I can't say for sure. A quick search on this kind of area doesn't reveal much information. I would venture a guess that there would be a distinct division in this area between the people who know building structures and determine where to plant explosives and those that work with the explosives. From an engineer's standpoint, I would think that a civil engineer who concentrates on buildings and structures would be the most appropriate for the first.
  4. Jan 10, 2006 #3


    User Avatar
    Gold Member

    "demolitons" is the word you want to Google - say, combined with Civil or Engineering.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook