1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A question on papers on ARCHIVE

1. Jan 12, 2008 #1
    Hey folks,

Sorry if this is in the incorrect section. I'm not sure where to post.

Quick question, when you download papers from archive say, does anyone know if it is possible to obtain the original LATEX file??

This would save me a lot of time in my own work when referring to equations etc.

Thanks for any help!
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 12, 2008 #2

you mean the PF archive?

what i do is quote it (hmmm... maybe you can't do that to one in the archive...) to see what the LaTeX is.
  4. Jan 12, 2008 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I'm assuming you mean the e-print arXiv.

When you see a preprint that you want, click on "other" rather than the pdf of ps format. Note that not all paper would have this option because it depends on how the manuscript was submitted.

Then choose "Source". You will then download the .tar.gz file. This will include the original LaTex source and all figure files. You will have to ungzip and untar this file to get all of the original source file.

5. Jan 12, 2008 #4
    Ok, thats great...exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much ZapperZ.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?