Instantaneous Velocity vs. Average Velocity: Is There a Limit?

• Thread starter !Live_4Ever!
  • Start date
In summary, a thought-provoking question challenges assumptions, encourages critical thinking, and prompts us to consider new perspectives. It can make someone think and lead to new insights and understandings. While there is no one formula, elements such as ambiguity, relevance, and open-endedness can make a question thought-provoking. To come up with thought-provoking questions, one can think about a topic from multiple angles and challenge common assumptions. These types of questions can be useful in any field or subject, as they can spark creativity, encourage critical thinking, and lead to deeper understanding.
!Live_4Ever!
I was doing my science homework and this sudden, random thought came into my mind.

If an object has very very very high (if not infinite) acceleration, wouldn't the instantaneous velocity be the same as the average velocity?

sorry if it sounds like a stupid question, but it has been bugging me the whole day..

Physics news on Phys.org
Nope average velocity is always half of your instantaneous velocity while dealing with constant acceleration started at 0 velocity.

Mathematically.

Average velocity = .5(AT)

Instantaneous velocity = AT

yes, they both will be equal to the speed of light.

1. What makes a question thought-provoking?

A thought-provoking question is one that challenges our assumptions, encourages critical thinking, and prompts us to consider new perspectives.

2. Can a question really make someone think?

Absolutely. The right question, posed at the right time, can stimulate the mind and lead to new insights and understandings.

3. Is there a formula for asking thought-provoking questions?

While there is no one formula, some elements that can make a question thought-provoking include ambiguity, relevance, and open-endedness.

4. How can I come up with thought-provoking questions?

One way to generate thought-provoking questions is to think about a topic or issue from multiple angles and ask questions that challenge common assumptions or encourage deeper thinking.

5. Are thought-provoking questions only useful in certain fields or subjects?

No, thought-provoking questions can be useful in any field or subject. They can spark creativity, encourage critical thinking, and lead to deeper understanding in any context.