1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Reader's guide?

1. Nov 26, 2012 #1
    Heya, could I bother you fellows for some nice books to read?

My education level is 2-year associate in math. I'm going to go back to school for a 4-year in physics after the summer, and am currently dreaming about graduate school.

I'm looking for books to help me decide my chances for getting through graduate school along with what field to choose (The second part is a mixture of current job demand and personal interest, while the first part is my fear of not being smart/devoted enough or finding the money needed.)

High level math is fine, but I would also appreciate some books without numbers (or at least are readable without needing a pen and paper) so I can read them throughout the day.

I'll go ahead and recommend a few books to others that I've found interesting so far (Maybe will try to edit this later as well to add more):

Black Holes and Warped Spacetime by William J. Kaufmann (Jun 1979)
    -- No mathematics, beginner.
    QED: The Strange Theory of Light and Matter by Richard P. Feynman and A. Zee (Apr 4, 2006)
    -- No mathematics, intermediate.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted