What are the fascinating connections between mathematics and physics?

In summary, mathematics and physics are closely interconnected and rely on each other to explain the natural world. The fundamental laws of physics, such as Newton's laws and Einstein's theory of relativity, can be expressed and understood through mathematical equations. Likewise, mathematical concepts such as calculus and geometry are used to model and solve physical phenomena. Furthermore, discoveries in one field often lead to advancements in the other, as seen in the development of quantum mechanics and its application to modern physics. The fascinating connections between mathematics and physics continue to drive scientific progress and deepen our understanding of the universe.
Isomorphism
hello all,

My name is Srikanth. I am from India and I am 30 years old. I have a ph.d disassertation in the area of error correcting codes. I am awaiting the award of the degree. However I spend most of my time reading the fascinating connections between mathematics and physics. I teach physics and math to teenagers at a local tutoring centre.

I am studying undergraduate physics so that I can qualify for admissions to theoretical physics institute in India (TIFR). My exams are in December and February.

I used to read physics forum posts, without signing up. But now I really need help. Certain modern physics concepts are really confusing. I will be posting problems that confound me. I am hoping the discussions here will teach me new things.

Thanks,
Srikanth

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Isomorphism. :welcome:

Likes Isomorphism
Welcome to the PF! :smile:

Likes Isomorphism
Isomorphism is my favorite word!

Last edited by a moderator: