A rotating magnetic field. Does any one know how this is done?

In summary, the speaker has requested to purchase a Tracmag device for testing the rotating magnetic field. They are unsure if the device has an AC or DC source and are hoping for clarification. They also mention wanting to construct their own and ask if there are any other web links for information. The other person declines to watch YouTube videos at work and the speaker says they will try to find another source for information.
Robin07

He also has seven other videos entitled Tracmag#2, Tracmag#3 and so on. I've put in a request to purchase a Tracmag for the intention of testing the rotating magnetic field. Since the maker of the devise has not revealed that it has an AC source or DC, I would appreciate your input, it is however my hope that the set up is DC.

Thanks to anyone that can clear this up for me. I'd like to be able to construct one myself. If it's no too much to ask, watch all 8 videos since different aspects are shown in each clip.

Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
I'm not inclined to watch YouTube videos at work. Do you have any other web links to the information?

No I can't say there is another link that features this apparent rotating magnetic field. Thanks for your reply though. I'll see if I can find another site that features this type of, apparent, flux field manipulation.

1. What is a rotating magnetic field?

A rotating magnetic field is a magnetic field that changes direction at a constant rate, creating a rotating effect. It is commonly produced by a three-phase alternating current (AC) electric motor.

2. How is a rotating magnetic field created?

A rotating magnetic field is created by placing three sets of windings, each carrying a current in one of the three phases of AC, at 120 degrees apart around the stator of an electric motor. The interaction of the magnetic fields produced by these windings results in a rotating magnetic field.

3. What are the applications of a rotating magnetic field?

A rotating magnetic field has many applications in the field of electric motors, generators, and transformers. It is also used in devices such as magnetic stirrers and induction cooktops.

4. How does a rotating magnetic field make a motor spin?

When a rotating magnetic field is created in the stator of an electric motor, it induces an electric current in the rotor. This current then interacts with the magnetic field, creating a force that causes the rotor to spin.

5. Can a rotating magnetic field be reversed?

Yes, a rotating magnetic field can be reversed by changing the direction of the current in the windings. This will result in the motor spinning in the opposite direction.