A rubber ball thrown to a wall

• Thread starter newTonn
  • Start date
no it is not:grumpy:
what are the other datas required and how it is contributing to the force?

now you are getting on my nerves:((
do you know anything about impulsive forces???

russ_watters
Mentor
this reply is a prejudiced one.In this thread ,i never denied anything.I just want to know what are the factors controlling the contact period.Or in other words,is the given datas not enough to find the force?
It strains credulity to believe that you could have such trouble with such a simple concept and you have made assertions that deny Newton's 1st law in addition to arguing against definitions, in addition to making repeated simple math errors and insisting the errors are in others' understanding. Going around in circles and refusing to accept Newton's first law and good explanations is why your first thread was closed. You are doing the same thing again.

You are also jumping around without acknowledging an understanding of previous points. Ie, prior to post 10, you got several clear and concise answers to your question about a ball hitting a wall and you did not acknowledge understanding the answers before making a jump to a more complicated example. This implies an unwillingness to accept what you were told. So I'll ask explicitly:

Do you understand and accept the answers you got prior to post #10?
what are the other datas required and how it is contributing to the force?
As I stated in my post above, you need to know the initial and final momentum and duration of the collision. From this you can calculate the average force*. Did you not read that part?

*The instantaneous force at any single point of the contact period depends on the mechanical properties of the objects and can be extremely difficult to calculate.

Last edited:
you have made assertions that deny Newton's 1st law.

and you call yourself newton