Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A self-referential story

1. Jan 21, 2009 #1
    This is a link to a passage by David Moser, in which all of the sentences refer to themselves.

It gets funnier as it goes along.

David Moser - A self-referential story

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 21, 2009 #2
    This is my comment on this story:
    When you first see "This is actually the last sentence of the story but has been placed here by mistake" as the first sentence in the forth paragraph of the story, you will really later discover that the last sentence of the story is simply "This is."

4. Jan 21, 2009 #3
    It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.

5. Jan 21, 2009 #4
    There it is.

My favorite part is probably the sentence stating that the passage is actually the Declaration of Independance, but that the writer failed to include anything about the declaration of independence except for the small sentence fragment "When in the course of human events", which is placed in quotation marks near the end of a sentence.

6. Jan 21, 2009 #5
    I don't think much of the story, but my author liked it.

7. Jan 21, 2009 #6

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:biggrin:

8. Jan 21, 2009 #7

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

This sentence maliciously inflicts humiliation on the respondee by pointing out that "forth" is missing something very meaningful; namely "u".

You reaully should put moure of urself intou your pousts - kiund of liuke the Briuts dou.

9. Jan 21, 2009 #8

daniel_i_l

Gold Member

This post doesn't really add anything to the previous posts.

10. Jan 21, 2009 #9
    This post attempts to make a witty retort to the previous post that is inside of a quote box.

11. Jan 21, 2009 #10

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

The above post (located inside the quote box) wasn't very successful in its attempt.

12. Jan 21, 2009 #11

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This post, like a bored old Sith, opts to be repeatedly, unnecessarily, and repeatedly self-referential, and irritatingly anthropomorphic, (not to mention gimmicky,) but does not stop its H-bomb-like destruction for a second to notice the utter disarray of letters and nonsensical ideas it spews out and will continue to, as a sweet spot hits his T-pots, even though nothing ever tops s#!t.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?