1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A semi physics question!

1. Nov 4, 2009 #1
    Here is a question I wish you to help me:

Consider this three statements:
    A) It's been seen for granite that when it's in high pressure it gets liquid and a noticeable amount of water egresses from it.
    B) Some people say that the altitude of mounts won't be higher than a specific height.
    C) Some people are trying to find a way to predict earthquake with changes of whether. It means that earthquake has a specific relation with changes in climate.
    Can you find any straight relationship between this statements?​

Could you help me to solve this problem?
    BTW sorry for my bad English. I've translated this problem.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 4, 2009 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF. What course is this for? Looks maybe to be geology?

What do you think the relationship is between the statements? Why would the height of mountains be limited by something (statement #2)?

4. Nov 5, 2009 #3
    I think it should be related to physics because I found this problem in a list of physics problems.

5. Nov 5, 2009 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Ok, but what about answering the other questions I asked you?

6. Nov 5, 2009 #5
    I'll go ahead and take a few questions out of the box (they may or may not be helpful): what is the granite composition of the crust, and how much pressure is exerted along the crust before an earthquake?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook