1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A small hint

1. Dec 2, 2005 #1
    Have a look at this question. Tom who is standing on a straight road notices Harry approaching him looking rather angry. Sensing the danger Tom starts his motorbike with a constant acceleration 'a' and assume that Harry is traveling. The question is that Harry has a boomerang with e can throw at a maximum speed of v in relative to himself. Then find the time Harry with himself to throw the boomerang such that it hits Tom.
    It was given to prove that t = (1/v)[(u + v)^2/2a - d)]. I tried with all kinematical equations. I substituted proper variables in the formula but couldn't reach anywhere.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 2, 2005 #2

Galileo

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

My guess would be to write the position of Harry as a function of time and the position of the boomerang as a function of time and see when they are equal.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?