A spiffy line though my name?

I was noticing all of the different people with a line through their name.
When I figured out the line meant they were in a temporary smackdown I started looking at recent posts that might show why. Many times I couldn't figure out the offense. Do the mentors delete some of the out of tolerance posts/links?

Answers and Replies

Evo
Mentor
I was noticing all of the different people with a line through their name.
When I figured out the line meant they were in a temporary smackdown I started looking at recent posts that might show why. Many times I couldn't figure out the offense. Do the mentors delete some of the out of tolerance posts/links?
Most members that have lines through their names have been permanently banned.

And yes, if a member's posts are bad enough to get them banned, they would have been deleted.

Ohhhh!

The line might mean permanent. In that case I'll pass.

just change your name to <s>montoyas7940</s>

I noticed I had a line through my name for a little while. Is there any recourse? Do the demerits have to never expire?

berkeman
Mentor
I noticed I had a line through my name for a little while. Is there any recourse? Do the demerits have to never expire?
You have been getting the e-mail notifications regarding your PF status, right? Please don't play dumb. It confuses new members who are trying to get it right.

You have been getting the e-mail notifications regarding your PF status, right? Please don't play dumb. It confuses new members who are trying to get it right.
I'm not playing dumb. I'm saying my demerits say they never expire, but I don't think what i did was bad enough to warrant them. I've already taken the banning, I'm simply asking whether I can get rid of these unwarranted demerits. and I haven't gotten any emails that I'm aware of. unless they went to my junk folder.

Hootenanny
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'm not playing dumb. I'm saying my demerits say they never expire, but I don't think what i did was bad enough to warrant them. I've already taken the banning, I'm simply asking whether I can get rid of these unwarranted demerits. and I haven't gotten any emails that I'm aware of. unless they went to my junk folder.
Permanent infractions points are issued for serious violations of PF guidelines and as the name suggests, they are permanent and never expire nor can they be removed - except if the infraction is reversed by a mentor.

If you want to discuss your specific case further, then please feel free to PM me, or any other mentor.