Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Spiritual Timeline / The Church of Man

1. Aug 15, 2003 #1
    What I'm doing here is transferring the "Timeline material" from the thread A Flaw in the Theory of Natural Selection?, in the attempts to make that an easier read. While it also gives you the chance to read the Timeline material seperately, as it's rather lengthy and people don't seem to want to comment on it there. There are four parts to it which I'm adding below.

For your reference, A Flaw in the Theory of Natural Selection? ...

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 15, 2003 #2
    The Church of Man

I'm going to try to explain the timeline in a way that it makes more sense. This way you won't have to refer to the book, although I still recommend its reading. But before breaking it down into the specific dates, I would like to break it down into the essential "elements of marriage," which is what the relationship between God and The Church entails -- the relationship between "Husband and Wife." While I will attempt to deal with the "numbers aspect" (dates) in the next few posts.

From the thread, Bible & new testament contradictions ...

Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 5
  4. Aug 15, 2003 #3
    Timeline Page 1

Thus we have the six "elements of marriage" which are broken down in terms of the number 23 theory developed in chapter 2 of my book. Also note, that the marriage itself (between Husband and Wife) constitues the 7th aspect or church:

(1) The Man's Father or Church of Adam = 2,300 years ... from 7,443 BC to ...

(2) The Man's Mother or Church of Noah = 2,300 years ... from 5,143 BC to ...

.... Where the "Man Himself" (1->2) = 4,600 years ...

(3) The Woman's Father or Israelite Church = 2,300 years ... from 2,843 BC to ...

(4) The Woman's Mother or Christian Church = 2,300 years ... from 543 BC to ...

.... Where the "Woman Herself" (4->3) = 4,600 years ...

(5) The Man Himself or The Husband = 230 years ... from 1757 AD to ...

(6) The Woman Herself or The Wife = 23 years ... from 1987 AD to ...

.... Where the "Marriage Itself" (5->6) = the year 2010 AD ...

Now the whole thing about the number 23 which, is something I hadn't determined until after I had came up with the dates, was this was how many chromosomes that each parent contributes to their offspring, by which we all end up with "46." Therefore, if you can appreciate what I've done so far, perhaps you can see how much of a corroboration this really is! It's too uncanny! Please refer to chapter 3 for more details here.

You also may have noticed that the dates don't necessarily line up with the "historical establishment" of each church, for example the Christian Church was established in 1 AD (instead of 543 BC), and the Israelite Church was established around 1,250 BC (instead of 2,843 BC). And yet the key here is that the Israelite Church which, was named after Israel (Jacob), wasn't established until Moses' time, some 700-800 years later. Yet it's still not close to the year 2,843 BC but, when you consider that Abraham, the grandfather of Jacob/Israel, was originally from Babylonia, then it brings to mind the Tower of Babel which, happened to coincide with this time-frame, which was founded between 3,000 and 2,800 BC.

Now this may not suggest a lot either, except for the fact that, according to Biblical scholars, the original tongue in the region before the fall of the Tower of Babel was Hebrew. And so here it is after the "dispersment," the only people who retained the original language were the descendants of Abraham and Israel (or Hebrews). Hence it would seem to suggest that the "Israelite Era," began at the fall of the Tower of Babel. Now this is important, because it seems to establish at least one point which is critical to the timeline.

While something similar can be said about the "Christian Era," for the Israelite Era came to a close when the northern Kingdom of Israel was taken away and the subsequent capture of the Kindom of Judea and the destruction of its temple in Jerusalem occurred. What else could it possibly suggest, except the end of era? (usually signified by a disaster such as this). Therefore when "the Jews" (not Israelites) were finally allowed to return to their homeland and begin rebuilding their temple in 538 BC (note how close it is to 543 BC), it would seem to suggest the begining of a "new era," or chuch. While this is officially when the "Jewish Church" began and Jews were called Jews.

While it was also the period the cult of Dionysus was given official cult status in Greece, which is the contention I make in chapter 2 of my book, saying that in many ways he and Christ were a parallel of each other. So much so that it only helps corroborates the notion that the "Christian Era" began at this time. Hence there's the notion of the Buddha himself, with a whole myriad of parallels between him and Christ as well, who was supposed to have existed during the same period. And guess what? It just so happens that the "revised" date of his death, happens to be 543 BC. Whooa!

Well I don't have a whole lot of time, so I'm going to have to leave it at this for now ...

5. Aug 15, 2003 #4
    Timeline Page 2

I've decided to go ahead post the last half of chapter 2 here, to allow you to fill in the blanks. Also note, that if it wasn't for what happened in chapter 5, which occurred in 1987, as well as the discovery that the "Last Judgment" occurred in 1757 (end of the Christian Church), in accord with Emanuel Swedenborg, I would have never made the connection with the number 23.

6. Aug 15, 2003 #5
    The Rebirth

I'm going to add an excerpt here from Revelation Chapter 12 -- which, according to Emanuel Swedenborg, signifies "The Advent of the New Church," in conjunction with the end of the previous church, at which point a "Last Judgment" is typically performed. He also states that this has already occurred, in the year 1757 and, that the "Christian Era" had come to a close at this time.

I'm also going to contrast this with a final excerpt from chapter 5 of my book, which speaks of the experience that happened in 1987. And note, this is how I came up with the two dates, 1757 and 1987, from which I derived the number 23 theory above. Indeed, if it were not for this experience, there would be nothing to speak about here.

Which no doubt prompts the next question: "Man did this stuff really happen?" In which case there are three options. Either 1) I made the whole thing up, or 2) it actually happened but I'm completely delusional, or 3) it is in fact based in reality. But then again that's not up to me to decide.

Excerpt from Revelation Chapter 12 ...
    Now please tell me if you don't notice a correlation here? ...

7. Aug 19, 2003 #6

Science Advisor

I must admit I've read no further then the above quoted material.

Mostly, because due to problems found in your second paragraph kinda make the rest of it pointless. For instance, the bolded section, there is 1) no evidence of a great flood the bible describes 2) all the other various aspects that make the Noah story absolutly rediculous. I think, that being as how your timeline does not agree with reality, on this early crucial step that it must be corrupted later down the line.

Maybe not, but I'd really like to see some good proof for this great flood before I bother reading the rest of this book.
  8. Aug 19, 2003 #7
    "And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God." (Revelation 21:1-3).

Check out this thread by Ivan Seeking. While here it's interesting that the general date, 7,500 years ago, is only 340 years difference from the date posted on my timeline -- "5143 BC."

From the thread, Believers in the lost Ark: Guardian, UK ...

9. Aug 20, 2003 #8

Science Advisor

Well, a flood on a local event such as is described there, is by no means a world wide flood. There would have been no need to construct a giant arc to house millions upon millions of animals, when they could just move to dry land. Even still, if it was such a local event, even if it did kill all life in the area, it still wouldn't wipe out all life on earth, as the bible claims to be the case.

So which is it, the way the bible tells it?

Or a metaphorical (or whatever) interpretation of it so that the point of the story, is not the point one gets from reading it?

How big is the Black Sea, anyhow? I'd wonder if some of the missisippi flooding would rival the area flooded in your claim.

And if it was a local event, as you seem to believe, ahh, forget it.
  10. Aug 20, 2003 #9
    Even if it were more of a local event, and didn't involve flooding worldwide, chances are the only way of escaping it would have been to build a boat. Which, nobody in the region (except Noah) was keen on doing. Even so, I don't find the need to validate my beliefs upon this one account, because there are so many other things in Bible which make a lot more sense -- that I do understand.

The Black Sea is pretty damn big. About the size of France or Spain. While there's also the Caspian Sea further east, which is nearly the same size and is even more land-locked.

Another possible thing to consider is why don't we have any recorded history beyond the timeframe mentioned in the link? Which, seems to drop off right about this point.
  11. Feb 8, 2004 #10
    Umm..right, do you know how long noah had to build an arc? Look it up, and then tell me how far you think someone could travel within that time.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?