A Spiritual Timeline / The Church of Man

• Thread starter Iacchus32
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the transfer of "Timeline material" from the thread A Flaw in the Theory of Natural Selection? for easier reading, as well as the development of the relationship between God and The Church and the four stages of human development that correspond to the four churches in the Bible. The conversation also touches on the idea of the 5th and 6th churches being established and the role of science in the development of these churches.
Iacchus32
What I'm doing here is transferring the "Timeline material" from the thread A Flaw in the Theory of Natural Selection?, in the attempts to make that an easier read. While it also gives you the chance to read the Timeline material seperately, as it's rather lengthy and people don't seem to want to comment on it there. There are four parts to it which I'm adding below.

For your reference, A Flaw in the Theory of Natural Selection? ...

The following began on the thread How would you engineer the perfect human?, which I decided to continue on here. I thought it was unusual that everyone was talking about genetically altering human beings, and wondering what if anything it had to do with natural selection? For this would almost seem to be its very antithesis.

I've also introduced a few chapters of my book which speaks about a timeline of 10,000 years that accounts for the Advent of Modern Man and the development of agriculture in Asia Minor, as well as the development of the differences between the races at this time, suggesting that we might very well be "transplants." Any suggestions? Comments?

Physics news on Phys.org
The Church of Man

I'm going to try to explain the timeline in a way that it makes more sense. This way you won't have to refer to the book, although I still recommend its reading. But before breaking it down into the specific dates, I would like to break it down into the essential "elements of marriage," which is what the relationship between God and The Church entails -- the relationship between "Husband and Wife." While I will attempt to deal with the "numbers aspect" (dates) in the next few posts.

From the thread, Bible & new testament contradictions ...

Originally posted by Iacchus32
But the whole point is that maybe there aren't so many contradictions as people might think. And just as times change, so did the Bible. The first part involved the establishment of the law -- in the "external sense" -- and the second part involved its fulfillment -- in the "internal sense." Where the first part is rough and unyielding, and the second part involves compassion and forgiveness. Thus the second part becomes the means by which to transcend the first.

Originally posted by drag
So, basicly, you're saying that God changed his mind ?
No, I'm saying perhaps we should look at it in terms of different stages of human development. Much as there's a difference between an infant, a child, a teenager, an adult, etc.

Originally posted by drag
Intresting !
Another interesting perspective I never considered.
I wonder what a more modern stage would be like ?
Like today for example you could say that the "child" is all
grown up - an adult and is no longer guided but rather left
to make his own descisions.

Thanks ! :smile:

Live long and prosper.
Actually I have a bit of a different take on it: where the Christian Church is 4th in succession to the three previous churches -- the Church of Adam (1), the Church of Noah (2) and the Israelite Church (3) -- the four of which can be viewed as the Church of Man. And, since the Bible compares the relationship between God and the Church with that of Husband and Wife, then it only seems fitting to compare these four churches to the development of the "in-laws" (or parents) of the bridegroom and the bride which, have yet to be introduced. Does that make any sense so far?

Whereas the Church of Adam corresponds to the man's masculine side or his father (1), thus giving rise to his "dominant aspect" and, to God Himself; the Church of Noah corresponds the man's feminine side or his mother (2), as it was Mother Earth who delivered Noah from the great flood; the Israelite Church corresponds to the woman's masculine side or her father (3), essentially a refined or "substantiated" version of the man's father, thus giving rise to "God's people" so to speak (hence the third leg which completes the triangle); and the Christian Church corresponds to the woman's feminine side or her mother (4), thus giving rise to her "dominant aspect" and hence the "virgin conception" (where woman gives birth to God).

Beyond that the Bible speaks of Christ as the bridegroom and refers to his "second coming" at the end of times which, is what the Book of Revelation foretells. And yet, the end of times does not signify the end of the world but, the end of an era or age, and hence "church." Whereas contrary to what most people believe, regarding the Book of Revelation in particular, this has already occurred, and the 5th church has already been established. As a matter of fact it coincides more than anything with the "Age of Enlightenment" and the advance of science. And indeed, the person associated with founding it -- i.e., Emanuel Swedenborg -- was a scientist! So if you happen to be a real science buff maybe you can appreciate this?

So here we have the advent of the 5th church, and hence the bridegroom, and yet very few people are aware of it, least of all those who call themselves "Christians." Nor does it belie what has happened since then, for indeed the 5th church has already come to a close, and a 6th church has been established -- which, is the current "Church of Today." This is only a recent development (over the past 20 years), and coincides with the development of the bride, and more in accord with the United States, the freest nation to ever exist, and hence the emancipation of the "woman's will" (thus entailing the bride's "free choice" in marriage). And here it isn't altogether different from what you were suggesting, in that it involves growing up and making our own decisions.

I hope this answers your question about the current "state of today?" Sorry for being so verbose, I just didn't know how else to put it? If you would like to read more about it, you can do so by reading the first three chapters of my book ... Thanks! :smile:
Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 5

Timeline Page 1

Thus we have the six "elements of marriage" which are broken down in terms of the number 23 theory developed in chapter 2 of my book. Also note, that the marriage itself (between Husband and Wife) constitues the 7th aspect or church:

(1) The Man's Father or Church of Adam = 2,300 years ... from 7,443 BC to ...

(2) The Man's Mother or Church of Noah = 2,300 years ... from 5,143 BC to ...

... Where the "Man Himself" (1->2) = 4,600 years ...

(3) The Woman's Father or Israelite Church = 2,300 years ... from 2,843 BC to ...

(4) The Woman's Mother or Christian Church = 2,300 years ... from 543 BC to ...

... Where the "Woman Herself" (4->3) = 4,600 years ...

(5) The Man Himself or The Husband = 230 years ... from 1757 AD to ...

(6) The Woman Herself or The Wife = 23 years ... from 1987 AD to ...

... Where the "Marriage Itself" (5->6) = the year 2010 AD ...

Now the whole thing about the number 23 which, is something I hadn't determined until after I had came up with the dates, was this was how many chromosomes that each parent contributes to their offspring, by which we all end up with "46." Therefore, if you can appreciate what I've done so far, perhaps you can see how much of a corroboration this really is! It's too uncanny! Please refer to chapter 3 for more details here.

You also may have noticed that the dates don't necessarily line up with the "historical establishment" of each church, for example the Christian Church was established in 1 AD (instead of 543 BC), and the Israelite Church was established around 1,250 BC (instead of 2,843 BC). And yet the key here is that the Israelite Church which, was named after Israel (Jacob), wasn't established until Moses' time, some 700-800 years later. Yet it's still not close to the year 2,843 BC but, when you consider that Abraham, the grandfather of Jacob/Israel, was originally from Babylonia, then it brings to mind the Tower of Babel which, happened to coincide with this time-frame, which was founded between 3,000 and 2,800 BC.

Now this may not suggest a lot either, except for the fact that, according to Biblical scholars, the original tongue in the region before the fall of the Tower of Babel was Hebrew. And so here it is after the "dispersment," the only people who retained the original language were the descendants of Abraham and Israel (or Hebrews). Hence it would seem to suggest that the "Israelite Era," began at the fall of the Tower of Babel. Now this is important, because it seems to establish at least one point which is critical to the timeline.

While something similar can be said about the "Christian Era," for the Israelite Era came to a close when the northern Kingdom of Israel was taken away and the subsequent capture of the Kindom of Judea and the destruction of its temple in Jerusalem occurred. What else could it possibly suggest, except the end of era? (usually signified by a disaster such as this). Therefore when "the Jews" (not Israelites) were finally allowed to return to their homeland and begin rebuilding their temple in 538 BC (note how close it is to 543 BC), it would seem to suggest the beginning of a "new era," or chuch. While this is officially when the "Jewish Church" began and Jews were called Jews.

While it was also the period the cult of Dionysus was given official cult status in Greece, which is the contention I make in chapter 2 of my book, saying that in many ways he and Christ were a parallel of each other. So much so that it only helps corroborates the notion that the "Christian Era" began at this time. Hence there's the notion of the Buddha himself, with a whole myriad of parallels between him and Christ as well, who was supposed to have existed during the same period. And guess what? It just so happens that the "revised" date of his death, happens to be 543 BC. Whooa!

Well I don't have a whole lot of time, so I'm going to have to leave it at this for now ...

Timeline Page 2

I've decided to go ahead post the last half of chapter 2 here, to allow you to fill in the blanks. Also note, that if it wasn't for what happened in chapter 5, which occurred in 1987, as well as the discovery that the "Last Judgment" occurred in 1757 (end of the Christian Church), in accord with Emanuel Swedenborg, I would have never made the connection with the number 23.

Recorded History

Whereas like the Church of Adam, we don't have much of a record of the Church of Noah either. So what of recorded history? Why doesn't it go beyond 4,000 BC? Is it possible there was some great deluge prior to this, say around 5,143 BC that wiped everything out? Thus putting it on the same time line as Noah? That's an interesting thought? While it's curious how the earliest known cities in Mesopotamia, called the cradle of civilization, were carbon-test dated between 4,000 and 5,000 BC. So where's the rest of our history?

And what of the Israelite Church which came later? Now there's quite a discrepancy between 2,843 BC and 1,200 BC. Yet Abraham, the father of Isaac and Jacob (Israel) left Babylonia (Sumeria) around 2,100 BC, which is getting closer. Could it be because he was from Babylonia that it might involve events occurring before his arrival in Canaan? After all, the Jews were taken captive by the Babylonians between 605 and 560 BC, and released just five years after 543 BC, at the dawn of the Christian Age, suggesting the Israelite Church begins and ends with, Babylonia. Had they gone back to live with their parents?

And what of the city of Babylon, with its infamous Tower of Babel, which was founded between 3,000 and 2,800 BC? Where according to the Bible, the peoples of the Earth all spoke the same language, before they were confounded and scattered abroad? (Genesis 11:1-9). Suggesting this was a common point of departure from that which many assert was native to Adam and Noah, the Hebrew Tongue. Thus in effect a Last Judgment had been performed at this time. Similar to the Jewish Diaspora after the Babylonian exile? And indeed the lineage of Abraham, together with the lineage of Hebrew, begins in the very next verse following the dispersion at Babel. (Genesis 11:10-32).

While another thing occurring during this period was the beginning of the dynastic periods of Mesopotamia (Sumeria) and Egypt, with both sharing a similar pictograph style of writing with the early Hebrews. Suggesting a common ancestor? Is this what the Tower of Babel represented? And so it is the Israelites' sojourn to Egypt began only 276 years after Abraham arrived in Canaan, and ended with their Exodus 430 years later, suggesting all three should have a common origin. And, where the Tower of Babel symbolizes the end of the second church, with its construction halted before its completion, the great pyramids in Egypt began construction towards the beginning of the third church—which, is the triangle completing itself at its apex. Perhaps there's some other scheme involved here?

The Rebirth

I'm going to add an excerpt here from Revelation Chapter 12 -- which, according to Emanuel Swedenborg, signifies "The Advent of the New Church," in conjunction with the end of the previous church, at which point a "Last Judgment" is typically performed. He also states that this has already occurred, in the year 1757 and, that the "Christian Era" had come to a close at this time.

I'm also going to contrast this with a final excerpt from chapter 5 of my book, which speaks of the experience that happened in 1987. And note, this is how I came up with the two dates, 1757 and 1987, from which I derived the number 23 theory above. Indeed, if it were not for this experience, there would be nothing to speak about here.

Which no doubt prompts the next question: "Man did this stuff really happen?" In which case there are three options. Either 1) I made the whole thing up, or 2) it actually happened but I'm completely delusional, or 3) it is in fact based in reality. But then again that's not up to me to decide.

Excerpt from Revelation Chapter 12 ...
And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered. And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born. And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne. And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days. (Revelation 12:1-6).
Now please tell me if you don't notice a correlation here? ...

The Russian River

And yet a more significant experience happened only two nights later, on March 4th. I had driven my truck from my mother's house, up Highway 101, to a place north of Cloverdale. I pulled off the highway and found a place to park, right alongside the Russian River (which runs from Mendicino County, near Ukiah, south towards Santa Rosa, and out to the Pacific Ocean).

I had been living with my mother for six weeks now, and was going through one of the most troubled periods of my life. I had no place else to stay, and had reached a complete state of decline: my whole personal life had collapsed in on me. The fact that I was staying with her severely compounded the situation, as I'd always had problems with her. We weren't relating well at all as I sank lower and lower into the depths of despair. In fact it was so bad that all I could think about was dying: it was the sole thing on my mind and I was hoping I would just go to sleep and not wake up again.

So I went to bed that night in the front of my truck, and fell asleep on the front seat. And after a couple of hours I began having a disturbing dream: about three race cars—a red one, a white one, and a blue one—all racing around a race track and running into each other, then bouncing off and running into each other again. This happened several times before I awoke.

When I awoke, I looked up and saw a vision of a man, "wearing a white robe." And as I peered up he came into such a view, that I found myself looking underneath his gown—at his testicles coming into full view! Mind you I was wide awake! For some reason it reminded me of my father, who had died a little over a year earlier. Perhaps because of a similar experience I had when I was a boy about ten: I remember seeing my father in a similar fashion when he was sitting on the couch and wearing only a bathrobe.

A Newborn Baby

I fell back asleep shortly after this while laying on my back. And was only asleep a short while when I re-awoke to this incredible screeching noise—wailing in my ears! And I opened my eyes to the sight of this newborn baby, which completely filled my vision before me! (I lay on my back looking up at the ceiling of the cab.) Again I was wide awake! It was a breathtaking sight to behold, and when this child cried, he cried in such a demanding way (it was a boy and he cried about ten times), letting the whole world know he had just been delivered and required immediate attending to. I soon became uncomfortable, due to the immediacy of the moment, and desired that the child be removed, for fear I would cause it harm. I kind of backed away, as I lay there crouched in the front seat, and the child was removed, and taken up into heaven.

I lay there for a moment, as my mind was struck with wonder. And I heard a song, from up above. It was faint and barely audible but still discernable. It was the song, Age of Aquarius, by the popular musical group, The Fifth Dimension. I know they say we're living in the Aquarian Age, but I'm still not sure what that means? And for another moment I lapsed into a state of unconsciousness. When I re-awoke, there was a vision of a cross, held suspended in the middle of the sky and arrayed in a very special way (as portrayed in the next chapter).

Once again I fell asleep, and when I awoke I saw another vision. I was half asleep and it was unclear, but it was the face of a man. It reminded me of George Washington. I immediately fell back asleep and had another dream: I was going to my cousin Judy's house in Fortuna, California (about 200 miles north of Cloverdale on Highway 101), which obviously correlates with Judith (12) of Gerarai and, New Church. (While Fortuna was a Roman fertility goddess, and later the goddess of chance; compare the wheel of fortune.) And I dreamt I was playing Chinese Checkers with her children, a game played with played colored marbles and a round gameboard, within a colored hexagram or six sided star. Which obviously correlates with the symbolism on the front cover and, the color wheel (and loosely coincides with the Seal of God, portrayed in the next chapter).

I awoke once more and had a final vision. I opened my eyes and there it was, Humboldt State University, of Arcata, California. It was clear and distinct and looked just as it did when I drove by a few months earlier. And there was a voice, which resounded, Wilmaton University! It was clearly unusual, but I understood what it meant: it ties in my stepmother, whose name is Wilma—she is/was a professor there—with my father, whose last name is Hamilton. And when conjoined you get, Wilmaton. And no, George Washington didn't cross the Delaware River at Wilmington (as I suspected he did). I have a better idea about this in the next chapter, regarding the Masonic Connection. I had also been working with my visualization technique earlier, and wondering what college I might address in my mind, to channel my spiritual energy there. I was living in Santa Rosa at the time, and considered Santa Rosa Junior College, but it didn't seem suitable. So I left it as an open question, while Humboldt State didn't even occur to me. And when I had this vision, I knew it was the fulfillment of that.

And, since the Bible compares the relationship between God and the Church with that of Husband and Wife, then it only seems fitting to compare these four churches to the development of the "in-laws" (or parents) of the bridegroom and the bride which, have yet to be introduced. Does that make any sense so far?

No

Whereas the Church of Adam corresponds to the man's masculine side or his father (1), thus giving rise to his "dominant aspect" and, to God Himself; the Church of Noah corresponds the man's feminine side or his mother (2), as it was Mother Earth who delivered Noah from the great flood; the Israelite Church corresponds to the woman's masculine side or her father (3), essentially a refined or "substantiated" version of the man's father, thus giving rise to "God's people" so to speak (hence the third leg which completes the triangle); and the Christian Church corresponds to the woman's feminine side or her mother (4), thus giving rise to her "dominant aspect" and hence the "virgin conception" (where woman gives birth to God).

I must admit I've read no further then the above quoted material.

Mostly, because due to problems found in your second paragraph kinda make the rest of it pointless. For instance, the bolded section, there is 1) no evidence of a great flood the bible describes 2) all the other various aspects that make the Noah story absolutly rediculous. I think, that being as how your timeline does not agree with reality, on this early crucial step that it must be corrupted later down the line.

Maybe not, but I'd really like to see some good proof for this great flood before I bother reading the rest of this book.

Originally posted by megashawn
No
"And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God." (Revelation 21:1-3).

I must admit I've read no further then the above quoted material.

Mostly, because due to problems found in your second paragraph kinda make the rest of it pointless. For instance, the bolded section, there is 1) no evidence of a great flood the bible describes 2) all the other various aspects that make the Noah story absolutly rediculous. I think, that being as how your timeline does not agree with reality, on this early crucial step that it must be corrupted later down the line.

Maybe not, but I'd really like to see some good proof for this great flood before I bother reading the rest of this book.
Check out this thread by Ivan Seeking. While here it's interesting that the general date, 7,500 years ago, is only 340 years difference from the date posted on my timeline -- "5143 BC."

From the thread, Believers in the lost Ark: Guardian, UK ...

Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
"The explorer who discovered the Titanic beneath the Atlantic in 1985 is setting out on another underwater expedition to document Noah's flood. The Black Sea was originally a freshwater lake that in ancient times became inundated by the salty Mediterranean. Robert Ballard believes that this was a cataclysmic event that occurred about 7,500 years ago, and was possibly the deluge described in the Bible."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/religion/Story/0,2763,1015350,00.html
It's interesting he should come up with that date. Because it's very close to the date I came up with, about 7,160 years ago.

http://www.dionysus.org/x0201.html#21

Well, a flood on a local event such as is described there, is by no means a world wide flood. There would have been no need to construct a giant arc to house millions upon millions of animals, when they could just move to dry land. Even still, if it was such a local event, even if it did kill all life in the area, it still wouldn't wipe out all life on earth, as the bible claims to be the case.

So which is it, the way the bible tells it?

Or a metaphorical (or whatever) interpretation of it so that the point of the story, is not the point one gets from reading it?

How big is the Black Sea, anyhow? I'd wonder if some of the missisippi flooding would rival the area flooded in your claim.

And if it was a local event, as you seem to believe, ahh, forget it.

Originally posted by megashawn
Well, a flood on a local event such as is described there, is by no means a world wide flood. There would have been no need to construct a giant arc to house millions upon millions of animals, when they could just move to dry land. Even still, if it was such a local event, even if it did kill all life in the area, it still wouldn't wipe out all life on earth, as the bible claims to be the case.

So which is it, the way the bible tells it?

Or a metaphorical (or whatever) interpretation of it so that the point of the story, is not the point one gets from reading it?
Even if it were more of a local event, and didn't involve flooding worldwide, chances are the only way of escaping it would have been to build a boat. Which, nobody in the region (except Noah) was keen on doing. Even so, I don't find the need to validate my beliefs upon this one account, because there are so many other things in Bible which make a lot more sense -- that I do understand.

How big is the Black Sea, anyhow? I'd wonder if some of the missisippi flooding would rival the area flooded in your claim.
The Black Sea is pretty damn big. About the size of France or Spain. While there's also the Caspian Sea further east, which is nearly the same size and is even more land-locked.

And if it was a local event, as you seem to believe, ahh, forget it.
Another possible thing to consider is why don't we have any recorded history beyond the timeframe mentioned in the link? Which, seems to drop off right about this point.

Even if it were more of a local event, and didn't involve flooding worldwide, chances are the only way of escaping it would have been to build a boat. Which, nobody in the region (except Noah) was keen on doing. Even so, I don't find the need to validate my beliefs upon this one account, because there are so many other things in Bible which make a lot more sense -- that I do understand.

Umm..right, do you know how long noah had to build an arc? Look it up, and then tell me how far you think someone could travel within that time.

1. What is a spiritual timeline?

A spiritual timeline is a visual representation of significant events or milestones in a person's spiritual journey. It can also refer to a larger timeline of the evolution of a particular religion or spiritual movement.

2. How is a spiritual timeline different from a traditional timeline?

A spiritual timeline focuses on individual experiences and personal growth, while a traditional timeline typically documents historical events and dates. A spiritual timeline may also include subjective interpretations and reflections, whereas a traditional timeline is based on objective facts and data.

3. What is the significance of a spiritual timeline in the Church of Man?

In the Church of Man, a spiritual timeline serves as a tool for self-reflection and understanding of one's personal spiritual journey. It also allows for a deeper connection with the community and shared experiences within the church.

4. Can a spiritual timeline be used for other religions or belief systems?

Yes, a spiritual timeline can be adapted and utilized for any religion or belief system. It is a flexible tool that can be personalized to fit an individual's spiritual path and experiences.

5. How can a spiritual timeline be created?

A spiritual timeline can be created using various methods, such as journaling, drawing, or using a digital platform. It is a personal and creative process, and there is no right or wrong way to make a spiritual timeline.