Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Thought about Illegal Immigration

1. Jan 11, 2004 #1
    If a Nation allows itself to become filled with Illegal immigrants, then that Nation will become an ILLEGAL NATION. It will then "collapse" from within, both economically and politically.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 11, 2004 #2
    So do you expel the illegals, or make them legal, therefore making the country "legitimate"?

4. Jan 11, 2004 #3
    It is too little too late, now. The powers that be have not and apparently will not stop the over run of America. Here is what to do:

First, seal the borders with our Military (they are responsible for protecting us).
    Give notice to all illegals that they must Leave the Country within 90 days and reapply legally to re-enter.
    If they do not leave and they are apprehended, then they will be fingerprinted, photographed, and will NEVER be allowed to re-enter (this will be their incentive to obey)
    Obtain work requests from any and all employers who need "legal" workers as to the numbers they need. Allow the immigration personnel to permit "X" number of immigrants to proceed to the employer, have them properly ID'ed and work permit carded.
    Allow only the number of immigrants needed to enter the USA, including permitted tourists.

5. Jan 11, 2004 #4
    I'm always amused when someone suggests that illegal immigration can be stopped by kicking out the illegals in the country and not letting new ones in.

This is sort of like suggesting that illegal drugs will go away if we would just arrest everyone who has them.

6. Jan 11, 2004 #5

jimmy p

Gold Member

Welll technically here in England, we should have no asylum seekers. To seek asylum you have to go the first country that will let you in. And there are a hell of a lot of countries blocking my little island...FRANCE! good old France lets their illegal immigrants into our country.. Stupid French people lol.

7. Jan 11, 2004 #6
    Not once did I suggest making them "legal".

8. Jan 11, 2004 #7
    Well, let me put it this way, something has to be done and something needs to get going and soon. Do I realistically think it will happen. No! signed, Timejim

9. Jan 11, 2004 #8
    Yeah, like hunting down 10 million illegal immigrants across the nation will work. And of course we'll somehow to be able to secure our entire land and sea boarder with our military, it's only 10's of thousands of miles and it's not like we need the military for anything else currently.

10. Jan 11, 2004 #9
    You'd get a better response if you posted this in politics and world affairs.

11. Jan 11, 2004 #10
    Great, that's why I asked it in question form.

12. Jan 12, 2004 #11
    I don't know how to get in that thread, I don't see it listed??? Help

13. Jan 13, 2004 #12

Tsu

Gold Member

Politics is a sub-forum of GD. Toward the bottom of this page, on the left-hand side, there is a box called "Forum Jump". Click on the drop-down arrow next to 'General Discussion' - you'll find it there. It's also at the top of the page listing the GF thread topics.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?