Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A thread without purpose or wit

1. Dec 27, 2005 #1
    I think I'm going to make coffee. It seems like a good idea. Since I'm a delightfully lazy guy, it'll be instant coffee. I don't like doing stuff. Especially if it takes effort. Yeah.
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 27, 2005 #2
    You are reading this message.
  4. Dec 27, 2005 #3
    I upgraded the RAM on my computer today. I got my own little network going, it’s so cool. I can print from any computer, and I have an external hard drive that I can access from any computer. I also got internet on any computer, all wireless. Oh yeah, and I got another book shelf from stamples cuz the one I had was overflowing. U guys got anything cool tech wise?
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2005
  5. Dec 27, 2005 #4
    How droll....
  6. Dec 27, 2005 #5
    I have a printer and a scanner.

How much did you upgrade your RAM? I am thinking of doing this cause it can't handle the size of the pictures I like to work with.
  7. Dec 27, 2005 #6
    512MB (Two 256MB chips @~70 per), 100mhz, it was 150 bucks I think I paid too much...damn computer USA...... I got 1GIG on my newer pc, its insane.
  8. Dec 27, 2005 #7

Gold Member

I made out with a taco
  9. Dec 27, 2005 #8
    I got a wireless network at home too. It's less effort than taping CAT-5 cables to the ceiling.

I finished making coffee. But it's still too hot to drink. So I'll wait.
  10. Dec 27, 2005 #9
    What's that?
  11. Dec 27, 2005 #10
    Yeah, it blew my mind the first time I pressed 'print' down stairs and heard the printer going upstairs. The same thing happened to me today when I set up my external drive. I was like 'wow' this is cool. I can access files from upstairs?!?! (oops should have typed staples)
  12. Dec 27, 2005 #11
    You're saying you upgraded to 512? That's what came with on mine. I have two slots and each has a 256 in it. I'm going to take one out and put a gig in it. If that doesn't work I do the same to the other. Some day. When I'm rich, I mean.
  13. Dec 27, 2005 #12
    That sentence has too many clauses. I remind you of the thread title. It specifically says, "no wit". So please remain witless.
  14. Dec 27, 2005 #13

Gold Member

I love our wireless network... booooooooooooooooy would life be hell if we had to run CAT 5's all around.
  15. Dec 27, 2005 #14
    Yeah zooby, my computer downstairs is 7 years old! :surprised Its 805Mhz athalon processor, 512MB 100mHZ SDRAM, 37.25GIG hard drive. Thus u can see why I needed the memory.

Psst. ppl with common sense tape it to the FLOOR.

Please, you live in a one room school house. I don't see the need for all that cat-5.
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2005
  16. Dec 27, 2005 #15
    Actually it'd be really easy. I'd use duck tape. Ceilings, not floor. People can see the floor. No one looks at ceilings. The main problem would be, long stretches of cable. You'd have to crimp them yourself. To get the right lengths.

Short sentences, people.
  17. Dec 27, 2005 #16
    yeah... duck tape drywall.......your brilliant man..
  18. Dec 27, 2005 #17

Gold Member

Ours would have to run down downstairs and across the house so we'd have to drill out and everything about how the house is setup in the area where the cable line comes in makes it hard to do.
  19. Dec 27, 2005 #18
    It won't work? Let's find out!

(Back in five minutes.)
  20. Dec 27, 2005 #19
    I can try to hold it in, but that will just increase the internal pressure till the seams bust and there'll be a wit flood.
  21. Dec 27, 2005 #20
    rach is in for a nice suprise when he peels it off....sucker..
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?