I've seen enough movies to know that tossing a plugged-in appliance like a toaster into a bath could be dangerous for the person in the tub. My question is, why, specifically, is it dangerous? Why would the electricity bother going through the person? I'm not going to try it out myself, but I am curious. My guess is that the current shorts out the toaster and trips the circuit breaker, but I can't see why the person in the tub would get a shock. I'd figure the hot and the neutral in the toaster, once exposed to the water, would close the circuit and trip the breaker. The person in the tub would not be part of the circuit. Thanks for any insight.